Russell to drive for Williams

(07-12-2020, 04:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  What could he do if the car was built around him???

I'm hoping we find out sooner than later, 2021 would be cool, partly as an F1 fan & mostly selfishly as a Brit fan, George is obviously one of the hugely talented younger drivers coming through, Max, Charles, Lando & Carlos are all going to be extremely hard to beat, so 2/3yrs at Mercedes before Lewis will retire would surely improve George as an all round driver, having more time to watch & learn from an older mentor would polish the rough diamond & take George to the next level.

What if? George beat Lewis? 

Cant see it yet, in time anything is possible, at his age he will only improve. (once he learns the buttons Hehe)

If he does.... Happy days Papa's got a new F1 Brit hero to follow. Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(07-12-2020, 05:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  If he does.... Happy days Papa's got a new F1 Brit hero to follow. Cool

At least this one is likeable  Laughing

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

It has been claimed by German broadcaster RTL’s website that “Marko and Christian Horner have long had their eye on Russell…should Mercedes not bring him into the senior team, they will certainly try to poach Russell.”.

But Marko quashed talk of any interest in the 22-year-old Briton.

“First of all, he is a Mercedes driver, and secondly, he is managed by Toto Wolff. He told us, incidentally, that he has a 10-year contract with Wolff. That is something we cannot accept for our drivers.

“On top, we ourselves have young drivers whom we want to develop and who also have great talent.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(10-12-2020, 01:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  It has been claimed by German broadcaster RTL’s website that “Marko and Christian Horner have long had their eye on Russell…should Mercedes not bring him into the senior team, they will certainly try to poach Russell.”.

But Marko quashed talk of any interest in the 22-year-old Briton.

“First of all, he is a Mercedes driver, and secondly, he is managed by Toto Wolff. He told us, incidentally, that he has a 10-year contract with Wolff. That is something we cannot accept for our drivers.

“On top, we ourselves have young drivers whom we want to develop and who also have great talent.

Good I would not like him to go to a team that treats its second driver like an old cat turd. He is Mercedes future and a huge potential Russell in a Merc vs Leclerc in a Ferrari and Verstappen in a Red Bull should be the future we all look forward to.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Seen speculation on line that Bottas could be out for 2021. It is pretty baseless really, but media pundits reading a lot into changes on Bottas and Russell's Instagram profiles.

We will see what guess.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

George Russell has conceded to being cautious in his approach to turn one at the Mexico City Grand Prix due to Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton being in close proximity.

But Russell was tentative when attacking the outside of the first corner, and was instead forced into a battle with Hamilton at turns two and three that eventually caused him further pain when losing out to Sergio Perez at turn four.

“I knew I wouldn’t be able to overtake Max on the outside," explained Russell.

“But having Lewis on the inside, obviously being my team-mate, I didn’t want to be too aggressive.

“Ultimately, that cost me and caused me to lose two positions.

“If I’d managed to maintain position, I probably would have finished second today.

On whether he would have been more aggressive on the opening lap had he not been in battle with team-mate Hamilton, Russell said: "There was more in turn one.

"Ordinarily, I would’ve just chopped across, and turn two I would’ve run the driver wide.

“That’s the way the game works sometimes.

“I’d like to think, had it been the same but the other way around, maybe, maybe not, I’m not too sure."

Everyone knows I follow the Brits, lately though with some comments coming from George he's starting to press my button's...

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think Russell is very frustrated. He assumed (like probably all of us) he was going to be challenging for race wins every race at Mercedes and is probably cursing his luck that is not the case. As for his situation on Sunday he put himself there nobody else. It's an unwritten rule in F1 you do not take your team mate out. Hamilton as befits his ability and standing was in exactly the right place at the right time **shock**.

Many will point out that Russell is probably going to finish ahead of Hamilton in the points table but that does not reflect the work that is going on or should I say ongoing at Mercedes. Russell still has a lot to learn and I hope he is studying Hamilton closely. If he is going to tackle Verstappen in the future he needs the race craft of a Hamilton to do so. Verstappen is fast and yields to nobody, to beat him you have to be both smarter than him and also accept you are going to need to crash with him a few times.

I would not be too upset Papa he is just finding his feet and trying to grow as both a man and an F1 driver and as we all know and probably still experience life is full of speed bumps.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(02-11-2022, 02:26 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think Russell is very frustrated. He assumed (like probably all of us) he was going to be challenging for race wins every race at Mercedes and is probably cursing his luck that is not the case. As for his situation on Sunday he put himself there nobody else. It's an unwritten rule in F1 you do not take your team mate out. Hamilton as befits his ability and standing was in exactly the right place at the right time **shock**.

Many will point out that Russell is probably going to finish ahead of Hamilton in the points table but that does not reflect the work that is going on or should I say ongoing at Mercedes.  Russell still has a lot to learn and I hope he is studying Hamilton closely. If he is going to tackle Verstappen in the future he needs the race craft of a Hamilton to do so.  Verstappen is fast and yields to nobody,  to beat him you have to be both smarter than him and also accept you are going to need to crash with him a few times.

I would not be too upset Papa he is just finding his feet and trying to grow as both a man and an F1 driver and as we all know and probably still experience life is full of speed bumps.

Good post, as usual.

It was Mama who brought it up & I understood what she was saying, I'm not "hating on him" just sometimes it's better to say less or nothing.

And your completely correct he is young & will evolve as we all have, also its worth saying they "all" have ego's the size of a continent & are all guilty of saying daft shit, sometimes I just wish they would say less.

Thanks for the calming influence, mate.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(02-11-2022, 02:42 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  they "all" have ego's the size of a continent & are all guilty of saying daft shit, sometimes I just wish they would say less.

This ^^^

George is doing himself no favours here, IMO. Makes him look a bit silly.

I really do want him to do well at Mercedes as him and Lando are the future British hopes, but please don't start mouthing off until you have some wins on the board.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

George Russell puts doubt on Lewis Hamilton’s F1 Bahrain GP set-up claim. (Crash)

Just can't help himself.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post