Russell to drive for Williams

What about if Albons seat becomes available that would be good for Russell if it’s not already been lined up for someone else?
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Think Red Bull is looking for Hulkenberg in that seat Beano.
Besides, I am not sure how his deal with Mercedes work, if he can drive for a non Mercedes related team like Red Bull.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Not looking good for George sadly

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/willi...1/4896374/
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(22-10-2020, 09:39 AM)morini Wrote:  The rumours continue to circulate that George Russell is looking for another drive. Rather ironic as the main reason he isn't in Bottas seat next year is Claire Williams wanting to hold on to him. There do not appear to be any Mercedes backed seats available so what are the options?

1. Mercedes rip up VB's contract and put him next to Lewis.
2. He replaces Lewis, who still hasn't committed to anything after this season.
3. A non Mercedes backed team take him on (Haas have 2 seats!!).
4. He sits out 2021 as Mercedes reserve driver.
5. Something else.

Merc don't seem to good with respect to bringing on their young drivers. Wehrlein and Ocon being good examples of badly managed young talents in the Mercedes young driver pool (I know some people think Ocon is over hyped).

It would be a damn shame to lose a British youngster like George Russell. For me he has every bit as much potential as Leclerc and Verstappen

So, Toto Wolff has as good as confirmed if Russell isn't at Williams in 2021 he will be the Mercedes reserve driver. Although George might find it frustrating I actually think it will be better for him in the long run as it virtually cements a Mercedes race seat in 2022. Hamilton is very "non committal" about his future in interviews and I think it is entirely feasible he might sign for 2021, try for WDC 8 then call it a day.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff...ls/4900222
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(28-10-2020, 10:52 AM)morini Wrote:  Hamilton is very "non committal" about his future in interviews and I think it is entirely feasible he might sign for 2021, try for WDC 8 then call it a day.

See now I'm hoping the new rules & the closer racing we are all hoping for encourage Lewis to stay & try for 10.  Tongue

I'm sure this would be universally popular... Hehe  Big Grin

Liked the sound of this, as you said it would all but confirm George in a car.   Cool  

"Wolff has already said that if Russell were to lose his seat for 2021, he would be put through a “mega” testing programme next year with Mercedes"

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(28-10-2020, 01:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   encourage Lewis to stay & try for 10.  Tongue

In the nicest possible way........feck off Paps  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-10-2020, 01:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(28-10-2020, 01:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   encourage Lewis to stay & try for 10.  Tongue

In the nicest possible way........feck off Paps  Wink

Hahahahahahahahaha    Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Now confirmed Russell stays for 2021. I'm happy about that.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/russe...re/4901216
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTrAdZ4FWk (47s)

Proud of you George.   Cool

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Toto: We must not forget George actually does not fit into this car. If you look at the pictures from above, you can see how he is squeezed in the cockpit. He had bloody fists, he was hitting his knees everywhere and he can't build up enough brake pressure... as during hard braking he was always 20% too little because he can't press the leg at the right angle because he had to wear smaller shoes to fit in there."

What could he do if the car was built around him???

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post