Ferrari

Ferrari launched their new car, er, I mean team today.....

....and we heard a bit of waffle from Binotto, which tbh doesnt instill us red fans with excitement for the coming season......."we have put a lot of work into the powertrain and the aerodynamics, I think our car is better than last year and we should see a significant step in in terms of the data"

(Harry Potter then confirmed Ferrari had used 2 of its developement tokens on the rear of the car.)

He then went on to say "We have to remain realistic, the gap to the fastest cars was very large last year and it cannot be closed in a single winter, the start of this season is most important as we dont expect to change much the rest of the season... our focus has already shifted to 2022"

So in summary.......we really hope our new car isnt as sh*t as it was last year, but if it is, suck it up tifosi cause its gonna be another very long year!

edit:...there was a little bit of good news though.....harry confirmed the rumours.... he wont be at all the races this season Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

This should make Forza happy. Ferrari on every podium in 2021 -> So say the tabloid sports press
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(26-02-2021, 05:25 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari launched their new car, er, I mean team today.....

Binotto needs to go he is not the man to lead this famous team.

He is not going to be at all the races... disgraceful in my book.

From the outside and with limited knowledge I have clearly Ferrari have nobody they consider worthy to take his place.  This is both in equal parts shocking and surprising to me for such a storied and iconic racing team.

I totally get the "we cannot catch up in a single season" comment but saying that they are focusing on 2022 publicly is really waiving the White flag without putting up a fight. I would never thought to hear that from any F1 team yet alone Ferrari.

If I were a Ferrari fan I would be spitting my teeth out all over the place and I feel sorry for their fans. Geesh... I may even have to go easy on old Forza this year.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I imagine a lot of teams will take a similar approach and shift resources very early.....perhaps not just as early as Ferrari and Haas.

"I may even have to go easy on old Forza this year".....oh hell no, I look forward to the abuse throughout the season!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

This is probably total fiction, but came up on my phone news feed earlier.

https://thejudge13-com.cdn.ampproject.or...o-fired%2F

It's a shitty, micky mouse website but I thought I'd post it anyway. Mostly because I was expecting Ferrari to ditch Harry sooner rather than later.

[edit]
Another crap site refutes it.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia-bin...ck-rumour/
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Yeah I read this last night also, the rumour originated from a Ferrari GT driver who has since said his comments were taken out of context......it wouldnt surprise me too much if it was true though......only Ferrari would go out of their way to upset the applecart just before the season starts.....bloody Italians eh!

"Just to make it loud and clear ... some of my recent comments about Scuderia Ferrari have been misinterpreted and taken out of context," he said in a hurried follow-up post on social media network Twitter.

“What I said was based on my own opinion and without any real base or information," he added. "I apologise if these speculations have created any issue."

Benedetto Vigna will be the new Chief Executive Officer of Ferrari starting from 1 September, taking over from interim chief John Elkann.

Vigna currently serves as the president of STMicroelectronics’ Analog, MEMS and Sensor Group, and is a member of the company’s executive committee.

Ferrari said that Vigna’s “unique knowledge gained over 26 years working at the heart of the semiconductor industry that is rapidly transforming the automotive sector” could help “accelerate Ferrari’s ability to pioneer the application of next generation technologies.”

“We’re delighted to welcome Benedetto Vigna as our new Ferrari CEO,” said Elkann.

Schumacher and Giovinazzi to fulfil Ferrari reserve role in 2022

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...Uohdo.html

Anyone heard/read/seen anything further about Jean Todt returning to Ferrari?

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Soz no mate.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post