General Driver Discussion

Daniel Ricciardo says he feels like he is taking "uppercuts" with the number of problems he's had in the final part of the 2018 Formula 1 season.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci...s/3213591/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-11-2018, 11:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Daniel Ricciardo says he feels like he is taking "uppercuts" with the number of problems he's had in the final part of the 2018 Formula 1 season.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci...s/3213591/

He will be fighting with Max for the win in last race I reckon. Ham is bound to be starting way down the grid, Vettel and Bottas both seem to have lost all interest. Red Bulls to lose I would say.

Never been one of my favourites, but will watch all the same. Will be a long winter with no F1 weekends.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(29-11-2018, 11:23 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Is this ok or click bait? just wondering.... Because I was thinking CLC is a good news story for F1.

I am really looking forward to seeing CLC piloting the red car in anger next season, as much of a Kimi fan as I am it will be great to see someone different in the car with that extra hunger that a new(ish) driver brings and having a point to prove, weather he is able to match or beat Seb makes little difference to me so long as his appearance lights a fire under Seb and within the team and pushes them on....especially when moving into the second half of next season where we have traditionally imploded.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ooops, gulp...….. so I may very well be cheering on a...…….. Ferrari next year.

Go wash your mouth out...now!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I'll be cheering on a few people for different reasons:

Bottas because he's a good guy who has had a tough time of it.

Max because I want to see Honda come good and him finally challenge for a title.

Vettel because I want to see him at the peak of his form again.

Leclerc because I really, really rate him and want to see what he can do, and up against Seb.

Hamilton... because I think he's currently the best on the grid and you want to see the likes of him performing right at his peak, because it makes the WDC meaningful.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(29-11-2018, 02:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Ooops, gulp...….. so I may very well be cheering on a...…….. Ferrari next year.

Go wash your mouth out...now!!!

Haha  Laughing 

Thing is, its one of the joys of following drivers rather than teams, I can follow *my* drivers to which ever teams they join.    Cool 

So, next year Lando & Carlos at McLaren, George & Robert at Williams, (2 of my favourite teams) Lewis, Mercedes, Daniel & Nico, Renault, Max, Honda RB, Kimi, Sauber & Charles in the red car lol. 

Much like rugby I'm a fan of the sport first & the teams & players/drivers are a bonus.

(29-11-2018, 12:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I am really looking forward to seeing CLC piloting the red car in anger next season, 

Same Forza, as much as I want Lewis or a Brit to win I'm/we are really looking forward to watching this lad, I've said before we need some one (hoping for the Brits) to fight with Max, now as a big fan of Max also.... bring it on.

Ooops, gulp...….. so I may very well be cheering on a...…….. Ferrari next year.   Confused   Big Grin   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I'd put my support behind Ferrari. They day they hire a Brit driver Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-11-2018, 02:49 PM)morini Wrote:  I'd put my support behind Ferrari. They day they hire a Brit driver Wink

2021 then...…………………………     Bomb     Shutup   Laughing   Laughing Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

2021 then...………………………… Bomb Shutup Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stop teasing Forza, you know he is just dying to have a reason to bring out his Lewis Hamilton memorabilia!!!

Actually I am rooting for Leclerc next season, like Jody I really think this guy is going places and although its early days I would not be shocked to see him out duel Verstappen in time. The future of F1 is bright, now lest see what the regulations screw up for next season.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I'm with you NeilP, we've seen this season, those of us paying attention, Leclerc pull some extremely slick and clinical moves on experienced drivers including the likes of Hulkenburg, Perez, Grosjean, Alonso and Ricciardo. He's clean, incisive and decisive. He seems cool and collected already, I'm half expecting him to match Vettel next year.

We've also got a lot of young drivers coming onto the grid with big expectations to live up to. Despite people thinking he's crap because of two spins in China (both caused by faulty ERS deployment) I happen to rate Giovinazzi. He's a very quick driver over a single lap, and in junior formula was always last of the late breakers. I'm looking forward to seeing him in his first full season up against Kimi.

Any way, back to testing we can't really take anything out of these two tyre test days. Teams were asked to run specific tyres by Pirelli and specific fuel loads, so we don't really know what's what. We'll have to wait a few months for the actual testing of the 2019 cars to answer some of the questions we have.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post