General Driver Discussion

Hesh I put Ricciardo and Vettel equal fifth, but I don't see them as being miles behind Leclerc, I just think Leclerc edges them in that drive stake. He's rapid over one lap, and has shown he has race craft. However, I do think that those three are currently quite far way from the top 3. Vettel is rapid in clean air, and over one lap, but is questionable in traffic and wheel to wheel conflict and has a tendency to buckle under pressure. Ricciardo is the opposite to Seb, great in wheel to wheel but not really that hot with the one lap pace. I place Ocon just slightly behind Seb and Danny for me, just. He has the one lap pace, and has shown he's got the killer instinct it times, but he is sometimes over eager and let's himself down, he actually does remind me of a young Hamilton.

As for the top 3? To me Hamilton has become the complete driver. I am now convinced he's got a real shot at topping Schumacher and he is the perfect mix of Senna, Prost and Schumacher. Alonso let's himself down by not being as quick as others over a single lap, his race craft is amazing, I still really admire the bloke. I do however think Verstappen shades Alonso now, his race craft is great, but he has the one lap speed. I'm really hoping Honda do sort their engines out, because I'd love to see Lewis and Max go at it next season, or in 2020. I'm not sure Vettel and Leclerc will be able to work together to topple Lewis, unless the Ferrari car is an utter beast.

(30-09-2018, 08:23 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hesh I put Ricciardo and Vettel equal fifth . . .

See my post on the Sochi GP, Jody, and expect in 3 . . . . .2. . . . . .1 .. . . this post to be moved to the "Drivers Ratings" thread, LOL Smile

Edit: he already did it, haha

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Soooo

With Max putting in some frankly "outstanding drives" in a very under powered car, what do we think if, he was in a Ferrari or Mercedes? Would he take on the dominance of Lewis? Will he take on the dominance in a Honda next year, does he have the credentials to do so?

On my part i think he would do it quite easily, Bottas he would sweep aside effortlessly, Lewis and Max battles would be epic, and pretty even imo.

Thoughts
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I am 99.9% sure if Max where in a Merc we would not see Lewis have the commanding lead he now has, not saying Max would thrash Lewis by any means just it would be a hell of a lot closer at the top of the table (likewise should Max be in a red car)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-10-2018, 10:07 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I am 99.9% sure if Max where in a Merc we would not see Lewis have the commanding lead he now has, not saying Max would thrash Lewis by any means just it would be a hell of a lot closer at the top of the table  (likewise should Max be in a red car)

Yep would be a great spectacle
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

There is no question were Max in either the Merc or Ferrari it'd be closer at the top of the championship. Would he beat Lewis in the Mercedes? Don't know. Personally I don't think so, but it would be close for sure. Max isn't the complete driver Lewis has grown into, so I think Lewis' experience would edge it. No question it'd be tight though.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Lance Strollalong is set to get his first run with the Racing Point Force India in the post-season Abu Dhabi Formula 1 test.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/strol...t/3200195/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Max reminds me a lot of Lewis when he first came into F1. Stand out fast! Hammy has developed into a championship winning machine though. Max I think has a similar level of talent, whether he will develop into such a compelete racer remains to be seen. I hope to see him and Leclerc trading punches when Hamilton and Vettel leave the sport.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(22-10-2018, 11:48 AM)morini Wrote:  Max reminds me a lot of Lewis when he first came into F1. Stand out fast! Hammy has developed into a championship winning machine though. Max I think has a similar level of talent, whether he will develop into such a compelete racer remains to be seen. I hope to see him and Leclerc trading punches when Hamilton and Vettel leave the sport.

Sure you do, but I would much prefer them trading punches next season so we can have clarity of who is better out of all of em, bring it now not later please
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(22-10-2018, 12:59 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-10-2018, 12:02 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Sure you do, but I would much prefer them trading punches next season so we can have clarity of who is better out of all of em, bring it now not later please

Well, this thread is entitled "Red Bull choose Honda", so isn't realy the thread for debating whether a driver who has won very little is better than a driver who is about to make (yet more) significant history. Pointless debate either way!

I made a promise not to move or delete posts, but this thread could certainly benefit from a clean up.

Yep move away, i only put in as its MV related, advise to where it can go in future please
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post