Giovinazzi to Sauber confirmed

To the joy of many I am sure, the reign of Marcus Ericsson is over as he will be replaced at Sauber by Antonio Giovinazzi next year.
[+] 6 users Like NeilP's post

About sodding time
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

Hurray!!

Was funny, only this morning F1palnet (or planetF1, whichever) posted an article about Ercisson saying his future looked good as he had out scored the Ferrari promoted Leclerc in recent races, and that the team hadn't set any stipulations. In the word of General Melchett "A total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(25-09-2018, 02:44 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Hurray!!
In the word of General Melchett "A total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

Finally!!  Thumbsup    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-09-2018, 02:44 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Hurray!!

Was funny, only this morning F1palnet (or planetF1, whichever) posted an article about Ercisson saying his future looked good as he had out scored the Ferrari promoted Leclerc in recent races, and that the team hadn't set any stipulations. In the word of General Melchett "A total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

Baaaaaaaaaaaa, I reckon he ran over speckly Jim
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Marcus is retained as reserve diver...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Thank God Ericsson has gone. Now, lets get shot of Vandorne, Grosjean (my feelings on him are very well known), Stroll (not bloody likely), Sirotkin and Hartley. Just do not think any of them should be on the F1 grid anymore. Hearing that Wehrlein to Toro Rosso is really gathering pace.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

While I am overjoyed to hear that waster ME is out on his ear (ok not on his ear but demoted to 3rd driver and ambassador) I cant help think of the flip side to Gio joining Sauber.....Ferrari has lost a fantastic sim/test/development driver who without doubt has worked tirelessly behind the scenes and often made the difference throughout weekends for the Scuderia. #mixedemotions

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-09-2018, 03:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  While I am overjoyed to hear that waster ME is out on his ear I cant help think of the flip side to Gio joining Sauber.....Ferrari has lost a fantastic sim/test/development driver who without doubt has worked tirelessly behind the scenes and often made the difference throughout weekends for the Scuderia. #mixedemotions

You may have mixed emotions, but Giovinazzi has been made to wait far, far too long for his fair crack at F1. I for one will be rooting for the lad. He showed real promise in the junior formula, and has been wrongly blamed for his crashes in China while driving a supposedly wounded Sauber with faulty ERS unit. I hope he comes into the sport and really shows us what he can do. It'll be great to have an Italian back on the grid again too.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(25-09-2018, 03:33 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  You may have mixed emotions, but Giovinazzi has been made to wait far, far too long for his fair crack at F1. I for one will be rooting for the lad. He showed real promise in the junior formula, and has been wrongly blamed for his crashes in China while driving a supposedly wounded Sauber with faulty ERS unit. I hope he comes into the sport and really shows us what he can do. It'll be great to have an Italian back on the grid again too.

I too will be rooting for Gio, I highly rate the guy, just pointing out the flip side to his appointment from a Ferrari fans point of view.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post