Arrivabene to be axed?

This is nothing new, lots of reports that he would be gone after this season especially if Ferrari do not win at least the Constructors title, but is it fair and who would replace him.

First, we do not really get to see much of the inside of Ferrari as we do say Mercedes so who knows who is making the decisions that have cost them races (and in fairness have won some races). From the outside we always assume the buck stops at the top and maybe it does, maybe it does not who knows how dynamics that are at play here.

As to who would replace him, well I have no idea. I really do like Mattia Binotto he comes over very well and obviously has had a major role in turning the team around.

The principal point of my post is to get those that know Ferrari better than me to explain some of the dynamics within the team and their thoughts on the way ahead. I know Forza is a huge fan and look forward to his input.

Really? Guess I'm outta sorts on this front. While Ferrari haven't really capitalised on their top flight car this season, I don't see the management of team a down point. Ferrari went through a massive purge, was it not led by Arrivabene? while incharge Ferrari had continued to make cuts and changes, that all seemed for the better. It has had a great impact, that thrust the team back to the front. The errors have been all round, so I don't really see it as fundamental flaw in personnel, rather kinks to be worked out. For Ferrari to sever its own head (again) just cant be good for stability.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I like the bloke, a lot. Ferraris current deficiencies aren't to do with Maurizio in my opinion. He's brought a competetive (probably actually the best) race car in 2018, but I have question marks about the team spirit. If Ferrari ditch him I think that might be a backward step for next year. Ferrari are certainly at the top of the pile (car wise) this year, but I have a sneaking feeling that James Allisons influence will begin to reap rewards at Mercedes next year.

If Ferrari chop and change that will be a mistake in Morini's opinion. Opinions are like bum holes though, so pick your own 2019 outcome.

Ferrari actually have a great all round package (for the last two years). What they need is a driver who can maximise it.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Arrivabene has done a great job, and from what I understand the staff at Maranello love the guy. Many of the people that have been attracted to Ferrari were done so by Arrivabene as I understand it. Removing him would be a faux pas. His restructuring of the team has clearly worked. He's done pretty much all that can be expected of him. I think removing him would just lead to yet another "transition" period for Ferrari and remove the teams focus from where it needs to be.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Have totally agree with all points made by the above. If you think of where Ferrari were in 2014 then Arrivabene took over its only gone uphill to a point where they are pretty much on a level playing field with mercedes, now I know Arrivabene cannot take the absolute credit but to suggest he is for the chop is frankly a ridiculous notion from any media although I must say I haven’t read anywhere he is?
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

I agree with all the above it would be very harsh to drop Arrivabene, but who knows what will happen at the end of the day. I am not trying to score points over Ferrari here (as a Mercedes fan myself) but I truly think Vettel carries a lot of the blame for his on track performances that have hurt Ferrari.

I echo Lotuslovers point Ferrari have come a long way under the guy. I just wonder now after the tragic loss of Sergio Marchionne with new people at the head of the organisation where that lead to.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

If I were a Ferrari head honcho (I am going to apply for the job, by the way Big Grin, Morini would make a great team boss) I would go for continuity. They've built an awsome car so go with the personnel who developed it. Simples.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I pretty much agree with all that has been said above, Arrivabene has been a great team boss thus far, in some ways there are a lot of similarities to how Todt operated, it would be" headless chicken time" for the team if he where to be axed.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

You know what Forza I actually agree with you over the Todt comparison. My initial thought was "steady on" but I stopped, thought about the comparison, and I find myself agreeing. They've both approached the job of turning Ferrari round in very similar ways. All PR going through them, shielding people, creating a fortress mentality, and addressing one thing at a time methodically, and above all else trusting and empowering their employees to do their jobs. They are very similar. Well spotted.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Maurizio Arrivabene could leave his role as Ferrari team principal for Italian football giants Juventus, according to reports in Italy. Widespread reports in Italian media have suggested that Arrivabene – already a member of Juventus' board – is a leading candidate to replace departing CEO Giuseppe Marotta.

The Serie A champions recently confirmed that Marotta will leave his role by the end of October, after eight years in the role.

Under Marotta's watch, Juve have dominated Italian football, winning seven-straight championships.
This summer's signing of Cristiano Ronaldo is likely to extend the Turin club's stronghold over Serie A, as well as boost their hopes in the Champions League.
Arrivabene has close links to the Agnelli family, who own both Juventus and the FIAT company, which incorporates Ferrari – and has served on Juve's board since 2012.

The 61-year-old was appointed Scuderia team principal in November 2014 and has led their revival in the title picture in recent seasons.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post