Perez future at Point Racing

What are your thoughts on this whole issue?
I think we, along with the majority of the official F1 world, are all in agreement about Perez and his totally unprofessional driving in Singapore on Sunday.
As I have stated else where, I applaud Perez for his stand and what he did before the Summer break, thats takes a certain amount of balls to put your head on the block and without him doing it the team would have seen the season out but they wouldnt have entered for 2019.
How about this as a twist:
Stroll & Co. are the ones behind all the rumours about Force India being sold or a change in name but the price is too high.
They know if they wait until the team is about to be forced into liquidation they can move in and prop the team up for a considerably lower price and come out the otherside looking absolutely fabulous and wonderful as the heros of F1.
Perez some how gets wind that Force India will not be entering the 2019 season.
He's had no offers for a seat in 2019 and that will be the end of his career, just like Button and Barichello were facing at the end of the 2008 season.
He knows that Ocon is lined up for a move to Renault.
He talks with Stroll & Co. who tell him to do the push from within because the current owners are stalling and putting off the inevitable.
Perez submits the necessary paperwork forcing Force India into receivership.
Low and behold immediately Stroll & Co. walk straight in with an offer thats taken up.
Stroll & Co, are covered in glory, so is Perez who now thinks he's safe.
Ocons deal falls through at Renault, Perez still thinks he's safe but cant believe how the F1 media is fully behind Ocon, more so than him and what he did for the team.
Plus he cant believe how Ocon is refusing to give up and still fighting to save his seat since the take over.
Singapore.
1st lap confrontation with Ocon thats being question as heavily as his deliberate contact with Sirotkin.
Perez position at the team now comes under threat because this isnt the first time Perez has acted like this and as a result cost the team huge amounts of points particularly in 2019 having to earn new after the name change.
Possible Conclusion.
Perez gets the spanish archer, Ocon stays keeping one of F1s brightest talents in a seat, they keep in affect the best driver of the two.
Point Racing are covered in even more glory having saved a young brilliant drivers career and seen as getting rid of a Devil in disguise.
That opens the way for Stroll to move over from Williams and not seen as pushing Ocon out.
The only problem with this train of thought, if it did unfold like this, when do they tell Perez thats he's shoved one up himself bigger than something that would make an Elephant cry?
When do they bring Stroll over from Williams?
Driver changes at the start of a season can be tolerated and adjusted to quickly, driver changes mid or further into a season upsets the apple cart somewhat plus there will be ill feeling and defence of Perez from the people whos job he just helped save!
[+] 2 users Like A10Tankbuster's post

I think Perez isn't actually liked inside FI. He's been able to act like a spoilt brat because of the cash he brings to the team, and get away with things he wouldn't otherwise be able to. The top brass in FI have wanted to read the riot act to Perez for almost two seasons now, but he with his cash held all the power. That is not the case now. Also, within the team Perez triggering the bankruptcy isn't seen as an act of altruism, because the team were working with the energy drinks guy to sort out the teams future, and what Perez did, when he did it nearly scuppered everything for everyone. It was Perez being selfish, that's the way many of the peeps I know see it. I actually think he might be in danger of being dropped. With Strolls money they no longer need Perez's bags of cash anymore. Plus does daddy want his baby boy going up against a driver happy to stick him in the wall, especially after his son becomes the reason Ocon is no longer on the grid. Stroll is going to take a hell of a lot of flak for that.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

A10- Spanish Archer, not heard that for aeons LOL !!!

Repeat what I have already said about Perez driving in Singapore he should be getting a one race ban no question about it.

I think if it was down to pure driving ability and I ran Force India I would keep Ocon and drop Perez. There are three issues here as far as I see it:

A) Perez actions pushed the company into liquidation from my understanding. If that is true did he do it out of pure self interest or was that with the knowledge and understanding of the group that took over. IE Do they owe him?

B) He is in many respects a pay driver, I would say he is/was good enough to be in F1 anyway but it is known he brings bags of cash to the team. So, do the new team need or want that money.

C) Having brought a team do the Stroll family think by keeping Perez it takes pressure off Lance because in my eyes if Ocon stays he will beat him soundly.

Stroll will not be moving over until next season. It was rumoured that Mercedes threatened to withdraw the engine supply line unless they kept him until at least the end of the year. How true that is I dont know but it was a genuine paddock rumour. (Joe Saward)