Poll: Does Bottas deserve his Mercedes seat? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16.67%
16.67%
No
83.33%
83.33%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Bottas, does he deserve his Mercedes seat?

Morini I agree. When I heard it I initially laughed, but we've all been saying Gasly will be given the boot, and that Kvyat has no chance of a drive at RBR because of Marko, and I think it's way too soon for Albon. Lots of people thought that Hulk to RBR was a great idea right. Well why not Bottas? He has the added bonus of actually being quick and capable of scoring points, getting poles and winning races. Plus having all that juicy Mercedes technical knowledge. It's not totally insane.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-08-2019, 02:33 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's not totally insane.

Not insane at all. A fater teammate could have made all the difference yesterday. You imagine, if Max had a second Red Bull car running (say) 15 seconds behind him that would have taken away Mercs strategic opportunity to do the second stop. Mercedes only did it becuase there was such a huge window to drop into.

[edit]
Lol. Just realised my accidental typo. I was in no way trying to imply VB should spend less time in the pie shop Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Absolutely Morini, Bottas would be a great signing for RBR.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Ì hear a rumour that Mercedes aren't going to replace Bottas with Ocon after all, they are going to replace Bottas with this guy instead

A proven Hamilton beater Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

yeah I saw that during the Silverstone weekend. Was funny to watch, odds are shortening on Ocon getting the Mercedes drive apparently.

(05-08-2019, 04:37 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  yeah I saw that during the Silverstone weekend. Was funny to watch, odds are shortening on Ocon getting the Mercedes drive apparently.

Always behind the curve, me. I missed a lot of the extras on TV during Silverstone weekend.

I had high hopes for Bottas at the start of the season, excuse the pun, he seemed so driven. Unfortunately for him it seems to all be going wrong and for Lewis it pretty much all seems to be going right. The one thing in his favour is the stable team ethic he brings. Would Ocon upset the apple cart at all??

Valtteri Bottas has secret 'plan' to beat Lewis Hamilton in F1 2020.

"I am me, I am not Nico," says Bottas when asked if he should copy Rosberg's approach.

Valtteri Bottas says he is "bored" of suggestions that he should follow Nico Rosberg's approach to beat Lewis Hamilton - and says he has a secret "plan" to defeat the six-time F1 champion next season.

So, set his car up for qualifying & hope with  track position he can hold on Sunday?   Huh

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

That sounds so childish to me. Mommy I have a secret but I am not going to tell!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(14-11-2019, 09:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Mommy I have a secret but I am not going to tell!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNJFmA759VQ     (42s)

MamaofGags > "So what's he got then, a Jedi mind trick"    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post