Schumacher

I had to check my calendar when this popped up and make sure it wasn't April 1st,

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2577/...oro-rosso/

It would be a sensational development, but reports have emerged that Toro Rosso are considering approaching Michael Schumacher's son, Mick, as a replacement for Pierre Gasly, who will drive alongside Max Verstappen in the senior Red Bull car next season. 

Helmut Marko recently claimed that he had a shortlist drawn up of 10 potential drivers who could conceivably replace Gasly at the development team in 2019.
There is also the potential that two seats will be available, given Marko's lukewarm response to Brendon Hartley's difficult drives so far, in which he has suffered a number of DNF's. 
Names thought to be on the list include the likes of Esteban Ocon, whose position at Force India appears precarious, and Stoffel Vandoorne, recently replaced at McLaren by rookie Lando Norris. 
But Motorsport reports that Schumacher's name has emerged following an eye-catching run of results in Formula 3, where the 19-year-old has taken the chequered flag in six of the last ten races.

He requires 20 Super License points in order to be granted the right to compete in Formula 1, and needs a podium finish in Formula 3 in order to achieve this goal, something that looked unlikely until his recent prolific run of victories. 
As things stand, he is in the hunt to win the championship and barring disaster is almost certain to finish within the top three, leading to the alleged interest from Toro Rosso and Marko. 
Having Schumacher Jnr on a team in F1 is regarded as an obvious coup for the teams waiting for him to develop through the ranks, and although it seems likely that Mick will compete either in Formula 3 or Formula 2 next season, reports suggest that Red Bull could be looking to tie him down for 2020 or beyond. 
But with the amount of driver movement taking place this summer nothing can be written off, and if Schumacher were to triumph in Formula 3, it could prompt Red Bull into making an unlikely move for next year. 

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

I don't get how Mick winning F3 would equate to enough points to earn a super license, but Dan Ticktum who currently leads (despite awful reliability) it doesn't. I really need to look into this.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(12-09-2018, 04:03 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I don't get how Mick winning F3 would equate to enough points to earn a super license, but Dan Ticktum who currently leads (despite awful reliability) it doesn't. I really need to look into this.

And a hefty penalty at Spa where, his lead is now down to three points ahead of Mick Schumacher

Personally i think it is just sensationalism and something to fill the gaps before Singapore, plus he would do well to go to F2 before even attempting that jump!! lacks experience for me
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

LotusLover Both Dan and Mick lack experience though, although Mick does have more at this level.

Yeah, there's your difference. Mick has hang over points from previous seasons in F3 whereas Dan didn't have the funds or sponsorship for a full seasons drive in F3 so his wins in Macau and other races here and there don't count. Such a shame that. In his first season of F3 up against some seasoned F3 racers he's done phenomenally well all things considered.

So is this European F3 as opposed to GP3

Yup, but it all got mixed up with some of the changes LotusLover. Neither F3 nor GP3 are worth many points now towards super licenses. Essentially GP3 is worth diddly squat when it comes to a super license. F3 you can possibly scrape the points together if you win the title. I think the weird thing for Dan is he's clearly good enough, but until RBR got involved with him he struggle to get the green together to get a drive. His story is very reminiscent of Vettel's in that respect.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...sip-column

We all know his time will come.

Toro Rosso rule out Mick Schumacher.

He's currently one of the form drivers in motorsport's junior ladders, but 19-year-old Mick Schumacher, the son of seven-time world F1 champion Michael, is not among the drivers under consideration for a Toro Rosso seat next season.

"He's not on our list and we have zero contact with him," Helmut Marko told AutoBild.

Schumacher Jnr has burst into European F3 title contention in recent weeks with the first six wins of his career in the category coming in the last two months. He is now just three points behind series leader Dan Ticktum, who is a Red Bull junior driver.

Schumacher is instead thought more likely to take the step up to one of F1's official support series in 2019, F2 or GP3 (which is being renamed as F3).

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Red Bull protegee Dan Ticktum launched an eyebrow-raising verbal assault on social media after control of the European Formula 3 Championship slipped out of his hands and into Mick Schumacher's thanks to "interesting" levels of pace at the Red Bull Ring at the weekend.

The son of seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher opened up a 49-point lead over Ticktum with a pair of wins and a second-place finish in Austria, having whitewashed the previous event at the Nurburgring.
His astonishing form, which includes five consecutive race wins, has raised calls for Formula 1 teams to take note, and Schumacher has been linked to a Toro Rosso seat that Red Bull are reportedly more keen to fill with Ticktum in 2019.
Schumacher is already eligible for a super licence, but Ticktum is not and may have to enter series in the early months of 2019 in order to accrue enough points in order to make it onto the F1 grid.

Missing out on the F3 title will cost Ticktum more points but his response on social media could be even more harmful – including calling a fan a "moron" and "a nobody" as he fielded criticism for his initial post.
In further comments, Ticktum added: "I’ve been robbed of a championship whether it’s my fault or not that’s why I’m upset."

He also posted: "To all people who have left negative comments on here... this is the one and only response you will get from me, so enjoy it.... I’m not a sore loser. Neither am I salty.

"I have a huge respect for Mick who had dealt with a lot in the past few years. I am simply suggesting that it seems to have come from nowhere? I never said it was illegal.
"I appreciate I have lessons to learn still! I’m not denying that. You don’t know the real story because you are not at the track looking at everyone’s data.

"Unfortunately however I am fighting a losing battle as my last name is not Schumacher." (sorry but this sounds salty to me)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(24-09-2018, 11:29 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Red Bull protegee Dan Ticktum launched an eyebrow-raising verbal assault on social media 

including calling a fan a "moron" and "a nobody"

Ticktum added: "I’ve been robbed of a championship whether it’s my fault or not that’s why I’m upset."

Well well, I quite liked this kid, liked that fact that in a world of crazy drivers he stood out, proper nuts according to his peers, though behaving like a spoilt twat isn't going to endear anyone to him.      Stop Shutup Sad

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

No doubt Dan has all the talent needed to succeed but his continual immaturity continues to rare its ugly head, I had thought perhaps he had outgrown all this type of behavior but it seems not

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post