Schumacher

Ferrari one up Mercedes.. its the end of the world!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Maranello – Ferrari Driver Academy announces that it has signed a contract with 2018 FIA Formula 3 European Champion Mick Schumacher.

Mick, who will be racing in the 2019 FIA Formula 2 Championship, from next week will be taking part in the pre- season preparation activities with fellow FDA drivers.
The other 2019 FDA drivers are Giuliano Alesi and Callum Ilott, who will race in Formula 2 too, Marcus Armstrong and Robert Shwartzman, racing in FIA Formula 3, Enzo Fittipaldi, racing in FIA Formula Regional (Europe), and Gianluca Petecof in FIA Formula 4 (Italy and Germany).

Mattia Binotto, Team Principal of Scuderia Ferrari commented “For someone like me who has known him from birth, there’s no doubt that welcoming Mick into Ferrari has a special emotional meaning, but we have chosen him for his talent and the human and professional qualities that have already distinguished him despite his young age.”

Mick Schumacher said “I am thrilled that Ferrari has entered a partnership with me and my next future in motorsport will be in red, being part of the Ferrari Driver Academy and also of the Scuderia Ferrari Family. Again, this is another step forward in the right direction, and I can only profit from the immense amount of expertise bundled there. Be sure I will make everything to extract whatever helps me achieve my dream, racing in Formula 1.

It is more than obvious that Ferrari has a big place in my heart since I was born and also in the hearts of our family, so I am delighted on a personal level about this opportunity as well. At this stage it is however also time to say thank you to my family, friends and partners who supported me all along and helped me arrive at this point.”

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Schumacher brings in UnderArmour sponsorship

https://twitter.com/i/status/1114129126183583744

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mick Schumacher has confirmed he is “okay” after the qualifying smash that ruled him out of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

The Haas team, meanwhile, have stated the German driver is back recovering in his Jeddah hotel room after being taken to hospital for precautionary checks.

News quickly emerged from the Haas team that Schumacher was “physically okay” and had been talking to his mother, Corinna, but was being taken by helicopter to hospital for checks.

Haas later announced Schumacher would not be taking part in the race, leaving Kevin Magnussen as their only representative in 10th position on the grid.

Schumacher then posted a picture of himself on social media, smiling and with the message: “Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I’m ok.

“Thank you for the kind messages.

“The car felt great, we’ll come back stronger.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

So Haas are taking their time about deciding whether young Mick is going to have a seat with them next season.

He has been disappointing in some regards but lets be honest how do you truly impress in that car. Last year it was dire and whilst it is somewhat better this year its still a struggle to stay in the midfield. Yes Magnussen has done more with the car this year but he is vastly experienced and is on his second tour with the team.

I believe he is a talented driver. Is he good enough for F1 truth is nobody really knows at this stage. Having the name Schumacher on his back does not help him one bit. He is Michaels son, arguably the greatest driver in F1 history and certainly in a very small group of drivers who can lay claim to that title.

In my not so humble opinion Ferrari should have moved him to Alfa for this season instead of Zhou (Who I think is deserving of a seat). Maybe he needs to step back before coming again. Maybe he will be Ferrari's reserve driver next season. I am not sure another year at Haas would be any good for him anyway. The team are going nowhere (with due respect to their position and situation).

It does however make you realize how brilliant George Russell did in an equally bad car at Williams. One thing I do feel able to say with confidence is even if Mick gets into F1 on a more permanent basis and at a better team I do not think he has it in him to be a Champion but then we can say that about 80% of them anyway.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Hi Neil,

If I was allowing the troll in me to surface I might say that Schumacher has as much chance as any of the drivers on the grid of becoming WDC in the right machine given it's the machine and not the drivers that are making the difference.  I mean lets face it all the drivers are of a very high calibre and it's the equipment and team around them that differentiates them.  If you put Schumi in a Red Bull he would be winning races.

As for George - well he's a Brit and most of us consume F1 via Sky and so just because George had an inferior team mate....the punditary would have us all believe he's the next coming.  Oh and if we check out Albon this year... there's an argument to say that actually - he's making a better fist of that drive at Williams than George did.... Albon already has points and is making his Team mate look silly.... just how long did it take George to get points?

BTW... the above is not what I think... it's more how it could be spun.  It's hard to know what to make of drivers at the back of the grid.  Mick does have big shoes to fill...in a sport where lets face it you have to be a multi-millionaire/billionare to compete to begin with these days... so of all the multi millionaires out there... discounting who his father is... has he done anything to deserve a better seat moving forwards?  Dunno - I thought he was tickets at the end of last year... he's been better this year but will he continue to improve - possibly - does he deserve a seat over some other billianaires kid?  I reckon he stands a good chance of being chewed up and spat out.  The team he's with need money and it seems it's down to who is willing to pay the most... not drive the best.  It's false economy really as they tend to forget that better drivers don't bin the car into the wall 3 times a year piling pressure on limited resources.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

You a Troll... I don't believe it Smile

I saw you used the word spin in your comments...Very Good!!!

Well, I have always believed it takes a combination of the car AND the driver to win a WDC. The proof of that is obvious if we take recent championships as the bench mark. Bottas got nowhere near Hamilton, Rosberg won one admittedly but he was very fortunate to do so. Perez was nowhere near Verstappen. Webber was nowhere near Vettel.

I do pride myself on being objective despite my continued dislike of Verstappen and his Championship! George Russell is a superstar in the making. Sure beating Latifi was nothing to brag about but he did not get the moniker Mr. Saturday for that did he. He stepped straight into the Mercedes team for the Bahrain race and frankly was very unlucky not to win it. His performances this year have been outstanding so far. Mick Schumacher does not have that in him in my opinion.

The Williams car is much better this year than last and you would not know this but I have always been a champion of Albon on this board and often a very lone voice. I believe he has some talent. Not enough to be a Champion but enough to be a very solid midfield driver like say Nico Hulkenberg was.

Mick Schumacher is in F1 on ability he was the F2 champion and most of them get a chance in F1 (although not all). So far at least Haas has not been a totally pay to drive team although that may change (Frankly I am shocked they are still in F1 or have not sold out). Just getting to F1 is a major success for any driver even to a certain degree the pay to drive guys (With the possible exception of Mazespin who I think if my memory serves me right has been their only pay to drive guy so far, maybe Gutierrez was not sure about that) and to have a father who was as successful as Michael was and make it I give him huge kudos. His racing career has already been a success in my eyes at least.

Will he be at Haas next season? Well I am not a betting man but my gut instinct tells me yes he will be. Will he ever drive for the Ferrari F1 team ? No, I dont think so there are many better options out there for the foreseeable future for the Scuderia. I would defer on this point to our resident and still waiting for another Championship Mr. Forza on that point Smile .

Looking forward to some more racing and Banter with you guys but I am sure like me you are taking this opportunity to immerse yourself in the glorious world of Cricket.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(13-08-2022, 05:58 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I am sure like me you are taking this opportunity to immerse yourself in the glorious world of Cricket.

.....Amen    Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-08-2022, 01:52 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(13-08-2022, 05:58 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I am sure like me you are taking this opportunity to immerse yourself in the glorious world of Cricket.

.....Amen    Wink

I personally have been poking my eyes with toothpicks as I find it less painfull than watching cricket, US rounders, Golf or Indycar on Sky.....
[+] 2 users Like PaddyB's post

Whhaaaattt??!!

There’s Indycar on Sky….wtf am I doing sitting here on my back porch in 33 degree heat if I could potentially be watching Indycar…… hold on … wait… isn’t that the US attempt at creating a soulless open wheel race series where the drivers look like pilots out of tie fighters???  Oh and the wheels aren’t really open anymore either….and the commentary is…..weirdly disembodied and they keep going quiet to allow for adverts….Yeah sorry the experience is akin to watching paint dry.  It makes formula e look absolutely spectacular.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post