Lando Norris

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar...45/?nrt=54

McLaren suspects Lando Norris would have been picked up by Red Bull’s junior team Toro Rosso had it not promoted him to a Formula 1 race seat in 2019.

Norris will make his grand prix debut when he partners Carlos Sainz Jr at McLaren next season.
He was linked with Toro Rosso earlier in the year but McLaren was not keen to relinquish its protege and Red Bull did not want to sign another team’s driver on loan.

McLaren F1 team CEO Zak Brown said: “We knew he would've been snapped up by another team.
“But we were ultimately always on a kind of ‘around the summer break’ timeline, so we weren't pressured by that, or didn't make any decision driven by that.
“We were fully aware that if he wasn't going to drive for us next year, he'd be driving for someone else.”

Asked if that was Toro Rosso, Brown said: “I assume it would be Toro Rosso.
“I think based on the phonecalls I got, more than one team was interested in him.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the-a...e/4331502/

Lando Norris is part of the new breed of Formula 1 driver schooled by sim technology, Jack Benyon spent a day with the McLaren ace to find out what makes him tick.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

McLaren's Lando Norris 'drove like a veteran' in Formula 1 debut.

McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran believes Formula 1 debutant Lando Norris "drove like a veteran" in the Australian Grand Prix.

Norris qualified eighth for his debut, and after running 10th in the early stages, was stuck behind the Alfa Romeo of Antonio Giovinazzi in the first part of his second stint.

"He did a great job overall," de Ferran told Autosport.

"He really didn't put a foot wrong the whole weekend.

"A lot of control and discipline, he peaked when he had to pace-wise in qualifying, and in the race we were just unfortunate with the Giovinazzi train.

"Other than that I think he managed himself really well and frankly drove like a veteran in many ways.

"He had both to attack and defend during the race, had to manage his pace and the tyres and I think he did that very well."

I agree, Norris drove a superb race. Very impressed. Considering how shit the car is Russell also did a pretty good job, and after some messy moments Albon also did really well.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-03-2019, 09:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I agree, Norris drove a superb race. Very impressed. Considering how shit the car is Russell also did a pretty good job, and after some messy moments Albon also did really well.

The future is bright, the futire is orange British.

Actually, it's probably both!  Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Norris: F1 a better fit after "suffering" in more physical cars. (Motorsport)

Lando Norris says he feels more comfortable qualifying his McLaren Formula 1 car than when he was racing in Formula 2, which he has described as “much harder physically”.

“So I suffered in every category: F4, F3, F2. Not so much F2 but I’ve had to kind of play catch-up quite a bit and in some ways, F1 was a bit nicer with power steering.

“F2’s much harder physically on the arms and almost on the whole body than F1 is.

So what do you think about Lewis's idea to remove power steering?

(22-07-2019, 05:08 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So what do you think about Lewis's idea to remove power steering?

I'm all for it. Make them work for their multi millions. Bring back the third pedal and a manual box while they're about it.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Lando Norris now managed by Mercedes. (Planet F1)

Fresh from the deal that sees McLaren returning to Mercedes power in 2021, Lando Norris is reportedly now managed by the Silver Arrows.

According to a report by Italian publication AutoMoto, one key detail was not announced when the deal between McLaren and Mercedes was officially made.

AutoMoto claim that the financial operation of the engine deal was headed by Horatio Investments, where Lando Norris’ father, Adam, is the founder and CEO of the company.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-10-2019, 12:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lando Norris now managed by Mercedes. (Planet F1)

Anyone want to expand their thoughts on this move?

The only way I can view it is they are possibly lining up Norris for a future drive (maybe 2021) in the works team, other than that surely it makes no sense. Obviously probably supplying McLaren engines at a hugely discounted price. This would fit in with the fact they have lost control of Esteban Ocon and are keen to replace him with a young driver propect (what about Russell).
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(03-10-2019, 05:20 PM)NeilP Wrote:  The only way I can view it is they are possibly lining up Norris for a future drive (maybe 2021)
(what about Russell).

Yup my thoughts also bud, guess they will find out who's better, then a works drive for Lando or George alongside Lewis? the more I read the more I think he will be at Mercedes for another2/3 yrs, I'm well happy we will have two (Brit) youngsters who look like the real deal.    Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post