Lando Norris

Lando is getting absolutely slaughtered on social media regarding news of his move to Monaco......mostly because in a recent interview he said he "wouldnt enjoy living there like other f1 drivers"

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-12-2021, 03:04 AM)NeilP Wrote:  People give sportsman and entertainers all kinds of grief for moving to save tax but keep remarkably silent to the likes of Amazon, Google, Facebook etc etc paying literally peanuts!!!!
(01-12-2021, 10:55 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lando is getting absolutely slaughtered on social media regarding news of his move to Monaco......mostly because in a recent interview he said he "wouldnt enjoy living there like other f1 drivers"

Spot on Neil.

As you know I don't do social media land so ta for the heads up.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(01-12-2021, 01:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  As you know I don't do social media land so ta for the heads up.

I only use it to prove to myself I am half normal  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Lando extends Mclaren deal until end of 2025

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/land...ough-2025/

forzaferrari Wrote:Lando extends Mclaren deal until end of 2025

Imo Lando should have waited a while, I think he would be an ideal candidate to replace Lewis at Mercedes.

Great deal for McLaren, not sure its the best for Lando, though I'd like to be wrong & Mclaren win a WCC & WDC. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Im sure he has has a "favourable get out clause" should Mclaren not deliver results, fingers crossed he doesnt need it.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Daniel Ricciardo believes his former McLaren team-mate Lando Norris could rival Max Verstappen in the right machinery.

Ricciardo, who will return to the grid with AlphaTauri at the Hungarian GP, believes that if Norris had equal machinery with Verstappen, he could easily match the two-time world champion.

“There’s no doubt that Lando is extremely good," Ricciardo said to Crash.net.

“I think it’s one of those ones where he’s certainly, at least what I felt the car was capable of, he was always getting the maximum out of it. Something obviously I struggled to do at McLaren.

“So I look at that and I’m like ‘ok, this kid is maximising everything he’s got’. Most times it would translate.

“If he went to a top team it should translate and he goes again to the level of the car. I’m sure he would be quick in a top team. I don’t have any doubt about that. I think he’s proven himself.

“I hope for him he one day gets the chance to be in a car that can fight for wins. But do I think that he can’t handle that? No. I’m sure he can. Until we win… We all believe we can do it, but you gotta do it… But I think he’s a phenomenal talent.

“Comparing him to Max, it’s hard because did Lando put in some amazing quali laps? Absolutely. Were they as good as anyone on the grid? Probably. But obviously, Max has done that as well.

“I think there have been days where he obviously looks as good. But to draw a like-for-like comparison, it’s tough. But I think he’s very, very good.”

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-07-2023, 01:39 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  But I think he’s very, very good.”

As do I!

Lando has been my pick of the up-and-coming drivers for a couple of years. I would love to see him in a regular front running car and (personal opinion) I'd say he'd be faster than George Russell and Max Verstappen.

[edit]
Just to add, if he could get results regularly with McLaren that would also be awesome in my books, but I have major doubts about the leadership qualities of fat Zak.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-07-2023, 06:56 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-07-2023, 01:39 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  But I think he’s very, very good.”

As do I!

Same buddy   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Constant talk of Lando to Red Bull in the press yet again. Frankly why would anyone wish the second Red Bull seat on a promising possible future F1 Winner and champion.

We know Red Bull can't produce a second car that can challenge their first car.... driver you say... really? Well if it is only the quality of driver, why then is Red Bull management so poor at finding a decent second driver for that seat.

My theory is that the team can't maintain the same level of service to two drivers and naturally gravitate to one and then make everything about that one. So for a second driver to have any success in that second car - they need to drive in Max's style to benefit from the "equal" treatment or application of technology. I think the cars are perhaps the same on default settings but like a swiss army knife... if you try to open can with the blade it is far less effective that using the proper can opening accessory and if no one points this out to the second driver because he's not supported in the same way... then clearly the cars will be night and day... as they now are.

Whilst it might be fun to see Lando in a Red Bull - I suspect we may be disappointed in the result and it would lower people's opinion of him and thus devalue his currency in the pit lane thru no fault of his own because Red Bull as a team doesn't know how to support two drivers at the sharp end.
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post