Lando Norris

(27-10-2020, 01:12 PM)morini Wrote:  Lando has apparently apologised for comments made post portugal GP

what he said about Hamilton was simply an opinion. Made him come across as a bit disrespectful but it's a free world.

Made me smile, "F1 drivers & ego's" didn't Lewis & Fernando whinge about Sebastian, they all do it & it makes them look daft imo, I understand if you want to be the best you have to believe you are the best but when they do this they just look bad.

Lando's time will come we all know the best drivers get into the best cars, I have no doubt Lando will get his chance at fighting for a title & I'll bet there will be an up & coming young gun saying some thing similar about Lando, "F1 drivers & ego's" lol. 

Why is it the motor GP boys come across so much better, yes the odd whinge but nothing like the F1 boys, straight talking for the most part, GP riders old school blokes, F1 driver's prima donnas....   Dodgy

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I have a lot of respect for what Lando did in apologizing. His comments about Hamilton are absolutely not disrespectful, he was honest. I did not see his comment about not caring about his achievement (Hamilton) being bad judgement he did preface that by saying he was happy for Hamilton.

His comments about Stroll; different matter. He was disrespectful but his comments also carried a lot of truth. Stroll has made a number of poor decisions lately and he basically ruin Lando's race on Sunday.

I agree with Morini the media these days have gone from reporting and commenting on the news to a point of creating it even if it does not exist. Its all about web page clicks, stirring up the pot. It is both sad and pathetic the way society is going.

Morini earlier in this thread apologized for being 'a nostalgic old fart'. You are not alone my friend not just in sport but in life I see so many things changing and not for the best. Its a different world these days in so many ways and that is sure sign I am aging faster than an over ripe banana.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Sky F1 reporting Lando has signed a new multi year deal/extension with Mclaren

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-05-2021, 09:13 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sky F1 reporting Lando has signed a new multi year deal/extension with Mclaren

Yeah, I logged on to post that and see you beat me too it. I'm quite pleased because I have a gut feeling McLaren are going to ace the 2022 regs. Seidl seems to be turning them around. Nothing would make me happier than McLaren returning to the top with the chance of WDC success for a brit driver.

[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(19-05-2021, 09:32 AM)morini Wrote:  
(19-05-2021, 09:13 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sky F1 reporting Lando has signed a new multi year deal/extension with Mclaren

Nothing would make me happier than McLaren returning to the top with the chance of WDC success for a brit driver.

Think this would bring a smile to most of the forum, happy for Lando.      Cool

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think McLaren have acted fast on this, and for good reason. My hunch is that Merc had him in contention for one of their seats, hunch continuing he was on par with Georgie even with George being in the Merc marquee already. Probably bollox but one likes to have an occasional theory.

Their POV video was a nice gimmick, not that I watched it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I do not know about the Mercedes connection myself but it was a smart move by McLaren to get Lando under contract.

You know we are blessed with some great young drivers coming through in F1 and its great that a couple of them are British (No offence to any none Brits intended). Exciting times ahead of that I have no doubts.

Still disappointed in Danny Ricciardo this season, I thought he would push Lando even harder.

It was great to see the rapport between Carlos and Lando the weekend, those two made perfect team mates and shows you can fight like tigers with each other but still be team orientated
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(25-05-2021, 08:37 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I do not know about the Mercedes connection myself but it was a smart move by McLaren to get Lando under contract.

You know we are blessed with some great young drivers coming through in F1 and its great that a couple of them are British

Still disappointed in Danny Ricciardo this season, I thought he would push Lando even harder.

It was great to see the rapport between Carlos and Lando shows you can fight like tigers with each other but still be team orientated

My view they had to sign Lando, I'll wager both the top teams were looking at him, good for McLaren, but did he sign to soon? pretty obvious "If" a place became available at the top he would be considered.

I know! Big Grin

Amazing isn't it, we have to wait years in-between good drivers to get a special one, now we have two at once.  Cool

I'll give Danny a bit more time, I'm sure he will adapt, but will Lando beat him over a season, big kudos "if" he can.

Great isn't it mate, reminded me of the drivers of years gone past, really cool to see.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

McLaren F1 driver Norris to move to Monaco from UK.

Lando Norris has revealed he will move from the UK to Monaco this winter, with the Formula 1 driver feeling the timing is right from a career and financial perspective.

I wonder if he will take the same shit Lewis did when avoiding tax......     Shutup

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

People give sportsman and entertainers all kinds of grief for moving to save tax but keep remarkably silent to the likes of Amazon, Google, Facebook etc etc paying literally peanuts!!!!

Strange concept some people have. Lets kill someone for saving a million or two but lets give a free pass to the BILLIONS we could collect from corporations. The average person on the street in the Western world is as dumb as a bell
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post