SVD ditched - Norris in

(03-09-2018, 12:34 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well there you go. Good for Norris, I just wrote elsewhere I expected him to move to TR. That's one good youngster on the grid, just need to retain Ocon, and bring Russell in too.

Considering Russell is looking like the new F2 champion elect, i bet he is thinking "fuck" unless they boot Bottas out after his extension, maybe another year in F2 or TR?? He has been brilliant in F2 of late.

Well he can't do another season in F2 IF he wins the title. Not allowed to defend the title. It's supposed to be a feeder series. If he doesn't get a drive and we retain the dross it'll be a travesty.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(03-09-2018, 12:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well he can't do another season in F2 IF he wins the title. Not allowed to defend the title. It's supposed to be a feeder series. If he doesn't get a drive and we retain the dross it'll be a travesty.

See this is what is flawed, series winners should be priority imo, drivers programmes are a big problem, too many drivers not enough teams or seats!!!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Well in truth is this not the only way McLaren could keep him.

I dont see Vandoorne driving in F1 next year and probably never again, he had his chance in albeit a poor car but lets be honest even allowing for that he showed nothing, certainly of late.

I hate to see anyone in life be on a downer but that is the reality of the situation.

EDIT: Never knew that rule about F2 but as I have said before F1 is not my main sport I follow its down the list.

(03-09-2018, 12:43 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Well in truth is this not the only way McLaren could keep him.

I dont see Vandoorne driving in F1 next year and probably never again, he had his chance in albeit a poor car but lets be honest even allowing for that he showed nothing, certainly of late.

I hate to see anyone in life be on a downer but that is the reality of the situation.

I think it was Neil yes the only way they could keep him, onwards and forwards it is!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(03-09-2018, 12:43 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Well in truth is this not the only way McLaren could keep him.

F1 is not my main sport I follow its down the list.

Hi Neil, agree they needed to keep Lando before he was poached, seems they have turned down TR offer for Key as losing Lando was to high a price, so I think now TR will make them wait.

AS for your second comment....…. heathen lol.    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

EDIT: Never knew that rule about F2 but as I have said before F1 is not my main sport I follow its down the list.

You don't need to feel to bad for them. They all get paid very well, doing a dream job.
Vandoorne will get some job somewhere. If not on the track, than as a development driver, commentator in his home land, et cetera.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(03-09-2018, 12:43 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT: Never knew that rule about F2 but as I have said before F1 is not my main sport I follow its down the list.

How very dare you here, Fecking sacrilege Neil, lol - next you'll say American football is more exciting - hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(03-09-2018, 06:34 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 12:43 PM)NeilP Wrote:  EDIT: Never knew that rule about F2 but as I have said before F1 is not my main sport I follow its down the list.

How very dare you here, Fecking sacrilege Neil, lol  - next you'll say American football is more exciting - hahaha Smile

Actually I am a huge fan of the New England Patriots (since 1985) and since I have lived in the States (2000) They have been to 8 Superbowls.

My other passion in life is Cricket, F1 comes third but I do love it I just do not know as much of the details as I do American Football and Cricket

Antilochos - I am just a big softie really. I have experienced (as many of us do) some major ups and downs in life and generally I just want the best for everyone, life is hard enough. A kind word here and there goes a long way. One of my Moms favourite sayings was a common one, 'If you have nothing nice to say shut up and say nothing' I TRY to follow that doctrine as much as possible but sometimes my raging temper gets the better of me, for that I blame my Irish blood of my Grandparents!!! Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:   for that I blame my Irish blood of my Grandparents!!! Smile

Us Irish get the blame for fecking everything  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post