Bernie V Liberty

(19-11-2017, 11:25 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 10:53 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  On the Ron knowing nothing, again I point you in the direction of the McLaren board statements and the FIA findings. Ron responded to emails about the dossier. Sorry, but that is a matter of fact, Ron admitted as much latter. The letter Whitmarsh penned wasn’t ‘grovelling’ to avoid further punishment... because the punishment had already been handed out by that point and the FIA confirmed the case was closed. The offer to have the 2008 chassis looked over by the FIA was actually part of the agreed ‘punishment’ already metered out. Sorry Chloe but it does sound to me like you are holding a vendetta against Max, and willfully ignoring some pertinent information... like the fact all parties involved admitted the wrong doing eventually.

Don't try and make it about me.  This forum is supposed to be better than that isn't it? 

Yes obviously it was all part of a deal agreed, beforehand.  You haven't provided any links, except the two that backed up what I was saying, that there were only 3 trivial items found being referred to in the team.  Your assertions aren't fact, this is the internet.  Why did Ron phone Max at Hungary?  What exactly did ron say in these emails about the dossier and where can the rest of us see them?

Ahh, peacemaker here - Chloe, not trying to interject or anything, I've avoided, contributing to this thread for that very reason.  

but I've really enjoyed reading this thread, clearly both you and Jody know what your talking about, but with different perspectives, and strong opinions.  which is great.   I don't think he meant anything by it,

but honestly this has been one of the best debates I've read in a very long while - so thanks to both of you

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Sorry Chloe, haven’t called you a name, or been rude, i’m Telling you how i’m Reading your comments, and even though the McLaren board and the COO admitted the charges, even though under oath in Italy Coughlan and Stepney admitted the collusion, you still are trying to say it didn’t happen. As to Ron’s phone call to Max in Hungary we’ll never know the contents of that, although Ron wasn’t phoning to give Max information, as he claimed at the time, and later retracted, he was phoning because Alonso had let the cat out of the bag to Bernie. I’ve given you some links, it’s late here in Sweden, and quite frankly this is pointless, and i’ve wasted enough of my birthday on this. I’m done. Have a good evening.

PS, you’ve provided no links or evidence at all either, so i’m Not sure why I should be expected to jump through those hoops while you’re not.

(19-11-2017, 11:43 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Sorry Chloe, haven’t called you a name, or been rude, i’m Telling you how i’m Reading your comments, and even though the McLaren board and the COO admitted the charges, even though under oath in Italy Coughlan and Stepney admitted the collusion, you still are trying to say it didn’t happen. As to Ron’s phone call to Max in Hungary we’ll never know the contents of that, although Ron wasn’t phoning to give Max information, as he claimed at the time, and later retracted, he was phoning because Alonso had let the cat out of the bag to Bernie. I’ve given you some links, it’s late here in Sweden, and quite frankly this is pointless, and i’ve wasted enough of my birthday on this. I’m done. Have a good evening.

PS, you’ve provided no links or evidence at all either, so i’m Not sure why I should be expected to jump through those hoops while you’re not.

I can't provide links to things unless they exist can I?  I've already explained that.  YOU've posted how the mac board and coo only admitted the 3 things I said.  I just pointed out that very thing.  Nobody is denying the collusion either, it's not good that you're saying i am.

We know Ron phoned Max to tell him Alonso had threatened him with emails, that's why Max then wrote to the drivers demanding statements about what they knew.  THEN Fernando consulted his manager flav who asked Bernie.

You have not given me any links that back up your claims.  Mostly what you've done, lemme tell you how i'm reading your comments, is make a lot of unsupported assertions and dodged my replies.  I try to debate with evidence.

(19-11-2017, 11:41 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 11:25 PM)Chloe17b Wrote:  
(19-11-2017, 10:53 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  On the Ron knowing nothing, again I point you in the direction of the McLaren board statements and the FIA findings. Ron responded to emails about the dossier. Sorry, but that is a matter of fact, Ron admitted as much latter. The letter Whitmarsh penned wasn’t ‘grovelling’ to avoid further punishment... because the punishment had already been handed out by that point and the FIA confirmed the case was closed. The offer to have the 2008 chassis looked over by the FIA was actually part of the agreed ‘punishment’ already metered out. Sorry Chloe but it does sound to me like you are holding a vendetta against Max, and willfully ignoring some pertinent information... like the fact all parties involved admitted the wrong doing eventually.

Don't try and make it about me.  This forum is supposed to be better than that isn't it? 

Yes obviously it was all part of a deal agreed, beforehand.  You haven't provided any links, except the two that backed up what I was saying, that there were only 3 trivial items found being referred to in the team.  Your assertions aren't fact, this is the internet.  Why did Ron phone Max at Hungary?  What exactly did ron say in these emails about the dossier and where can the rest of us see them?

Ahh, peacemaker here - Chloe, not trying to interject or anything, I've avoided, contributing to this thread for that very reason.  

but I've really enjoyed reading this thread, clearly both you and Jody know what your talking about, but with different perspectives, and strong opinions.  which is great.   I don't think he meant anything by it,

but honestly this has been one of the best debates I've read in a very long while - so thanks to both of you
Good try Foggy Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Chloe17b's post

(19-11-2017, 11:43 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Sorry Chloe, haven’t called you a name, or been rude, i’m Telling you how i’m Reading your comments, and even though the McLaren board and the COO admitted the charges, even though under oath in Italy Coughlan and Stepney admitted the collusion, you still are trying to say it didn’t happen. As to Ron’s phone call to Max in Hungary we’ll never know the contents of that, although Ron wasn’t phoning to give Max information, as he claimed at the time, and later retracted, he was phoning because Alonso had let the cat out of the bag to Bernie. I’ve given you some links, it’s late here in Sweden, and quite frankly this is pointless, and i’ve wasted enough of my birthday on this. I’m done. Have a good evening.

ahh, same again, as I said to Chloe, your both obviously, knowledgable and with strong opinions, as I said, one of the best debates, I've seen in ages, great to have you both onboard, shake hands, and agree to disagree, - though I won't put words in your mouth Jody, haha - that's a dangerous thing haha, 

I started this thread, hoping for a good debate, and both of you have excelled any expectation I had of it - but lets call it a day

again - happy birthday - mate and many happy returns   Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post