The Torpedo

So, Red Bull is talking with Ferrari about Daniil - The Torpedo - Kvyat for a return to Torro Rosso.

What are your thoughts about this?

I say, give the poor kid a change again. He deserves it.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

I really don't see Ferrari letting a sim development driver out, too much knowledge, even if they aren't told what changes are being made, they'll know enough. Might tweet Ant D tomo see exactly how much a development might know.

So yes while he might be deserved of another go, I can also see his party saying FU to RedBull also.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(30-08-2018, 06:03 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So, Red Bull is talking with Ferrari about Daniil - The Torpedo - Kvyat for a return to Torro Rosso.

What are your thoughts about this?

I say, give the poor kid a change again. He deserves it.

I totally agree with you, I think he does deserve another chance. Is that chance going back to Red Bull if I was Daniil I would tell them where to shove that offer, I may even go into detail about how it would be made to fit in Toro Rossos private places!

I have a better fit for him how about getting him to replace Marcus Ericsson at Sauber.

I have to say I was somewhat shocked he got a job of any kind at Ferrari but hats of to them for doing it he was shamefully treated by Red Bull. The guy had one thing you cannot teach, speed. If he could control himself and has learned anything he absolutely could be a decent F1 driver but that is a big if.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

If anybody from the RBR programme deserves another go its JEV in my opinion, but i am not sure how appealing it would be to him.
[+] 2 users Like F1 Fan's post

Mixed feelings - see what certainly Hesh is on about, but, do people really love, or think Danny was that good?

Or is it more about, not liking RBR?

Honestly, with the talent pool they had at the time, Max, an Carlos, with pressure to bring Max in, or else someone else would snap him up, but what has happened now is, RBR now are lacking, what has been for several years, considered, a great junior programme, but, it was obvious they were out of options, when they brought Hartley back in.

That said, no problem with giving the guy another crack, Seb and others had their incidents as well, when rookies Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(30-08-2018, 07:38 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  If anybody from the RBR programme deserves another go its JEV in my opinion, but i am not sure how appealing it would be to him.

I would agree with that too, not necessarily as a Red Bull driver as such but I absolutely think he could be given another drive somewhere. I am certain I heard that on one of the Sky coverages of the Free Practices at Spa last week.

Foggy - I have never hidden my dislike of RBR but ask yourself this question if it was you instead of Daniil would you ever go back after being treated so shoddily? You are of course 100% correct as to the why it happened and that is also understandable with Max and how he was going to be sought after (and in all honesty I will be shocked if he is a Red Bull Driver for 2021 I think Mercedes will try to get him but I think he will end up at Ferrari) but it totally destroyed him by demoting him back to Toro Rosso.

As for was he that good well he got onto a Red Bull top team so yes I think he probably was did he have much to learn yes he did but all that went out the window with his demotion. A fresh start would do him the world of good but all that being said I dont think it will happen

(30-08-2018, 08:55 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(30-08-2018, 07:38 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  

Foggy - I have never hidden my dislike of RBR but ask yourself this question if it was you instead of Daniil would you ever go back after being treated so shoddily? . . . .

Hahaha fecking hilarious Neil, "if" it was me instead of Danil? sorry . . . still laughing Smile

I'd have been out the back of the garage having one of Paps, special flapjacks, and would be completely unaware that someone had insulted me, LOL

I'd fully expect to be fired, and would wonder why it hadn't happened yet, haha

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

I think that if it was an impossible idea for a team to let a development driver go, I don't think Ferrari and Red Bull would take the effort and time to even get together about it. I would not rule it out that soon.

I also don't think Kvyat will be to pride about the past. I mean, he is a racing driver and will take every change to get back in the race again. He is young and could move from Torro Rosso within one or two years. Besides, it is all about the money; if he is getting a better salary as a proper driver than a development driver, than he has another motivation to say yes.
Because lets be honest, how many people keep working for a shite boss, doing a shite job?

As for Kvyat replacing Ericsson at Sauber. Please, that would finally release us of Ericsson and get Kvyat back. Would prefer this even more than Kvyat back at Torro Rosso.
Get Vandoorne for Torro Rosso and Ocon or Perez, whoever has to make space for Stroll jr., in McLaren.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Quote Anti > "Please, that would finally release us of Ericsson"

Haha, agreed Anti.   Thumbsup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I don't particularly rate the guy. I don't recall him ever doing anything that made me go "wow!" (in a good way).

He was treated like crap by Red Bull (although admittedly it was due to his own performances, and we all know how cut-throat RBR are) and I was happy for him that he found the Sim role with Ferrari. I remember saying at the time that he is set for life now, with numerous other motorsport categories he could get involved with in the future, all the while working for a prestigious company and I am sure on a very healthy salary. But after all was said and done I wouldn't/don't miss him from F1 and thought/still think, there are more deserving drivers waiting in the wings for their shot at F1.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 5 users Like Purple-banana's post