http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...019-return

Sergio Perez is one of four drivers in contention to partner Carlos Sainz at McLaren next season, Sky Sports has learnt.  

Although Perez has indicated he expects to stay at Force India for 2019, it is understood the 28-year-old is in discussions with McLaren about a potential return to the team.

McLaren have declined to comment about their driver line-up plans for next year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

It makes sense from a Merc point of view to keep in at Force Point . . . whatever, still haven't gotten used to the new name, and for McL also, as they get another experienced driver, with less of a Merc affiliation, rather than having Ocon, on loan, only to have to give him back, with probably some info, would be my guess behind this, either way though, it's not greatest for whatever driver this happens to, Sorry I mean gets, the opportunity to drive for the legendary team, LOL, Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(28-08-2018, 05:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Sergio Perez is one of four drivers in contention to partner Carlos Sainz at McLaren next season, Sky Sports has learnt.

This would make perfect sense to me that would allow Ocon to stay at Force India (aka Stroll & Son) and move Perez out the way. He is a very solid driver but he is going nowhere so I guess for him its a chance to maximise his income and lets be honest here the only way McLaren have and will be able to secure the services of decent drivers is to pay them better than other teams. 

I dont think Norris is ready for F1 yet another year in F2 will do him good.  Having Sainz there already gives them a decent driver he and Perez would make a great partnership (fireworks for sure) but that car... omg, that car!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Maybe this guy is gonna go back to the Ferrari Marque and reunite with Sauber.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(11-09-2018, 01:15 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Maybe this guy is gonna go back to the Ferrari Marque and reunite with Sauber.

What makes you think along those lines Hesh, anything you have heard or read somewhere or a gut feeling?

Just a gut ponder, not even really a feeling. Its thinking along the lines if Sauber are very competitive next year, they'll want a solid lineup and maintain their rapid upward development that can capitalise and secure big points, and big money. So just a ponder that they wont want to develop a rookie driver also.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hard-...g/3178712/

"Formula 1 race director Charlie Whiting finds it "hard to believe" that Sergio Perez deliberately drove into Sergey Sirotkin during their intense battle in the Singapore Grand Prix.

Perez and Sirotkin came to blows at the Marina Bay circuit after the Mexican swerved left into his Williams rival, following mounting frustrations about being held up by the Russian.

The crash earned Perez a drive-through penalty for his actions, although some suggested that such an unnecessary clash warranted tougher action and even a black flag.

But Whiting did not think that what Perez did was so bad, as he is sceptical that a driver would be so stupid to deliberately crash at racing speed.Hard to believe" Perez's Sirotkin hit was deliberate" - Whiting

Sorry, I thought it 100% deliberate, petulant & stupid, he knew what he was doing, red mist is ok if you use it properly, when it uses you... BOOM.Bomb

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(17-09-2018, 01:54 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hard-...g/3178712/

"Formula 1 race director Charlie Whiting finds it "hard to believe" that Sergio Perez deliberately drove into Sergey Sirotkin during their intense battle in the Singapore Grand Prix.

Perez and Sirotkin came to blows at the Marina Bay circuit after the Mexican swerved left into his Williams rival, following mounting frustrations about being held up by the Russian.

The crash earned Perez a drive-through penalty for his actions, although some suggested that such an unnecessary clash warranted tougher action and even a black flag.

But Whiting did not think that what Perez did was so bad, as he is sceptical that a driver would be so stupid to deliberately crash at racing speed.Hard to believe" Perez's Sirotkin hit was deliberate" - Whiting

Sorry, I thought it 100% deliberate, petulant & stupid, he knew what he was doing, red mist is ok if you use it properly, when it uses you... BOOM.Bomb

So does Charlie Whiting feel he lost control of his car as opposed to his temper lol, bollocks he was a dick for that move
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Well... sorry Charlie, this is what happens when you let certain drivers get away with things. Perez has been dangerous for years, and he's never been pulled up for it, ironically because he's been putting his team mate in the wall. However, if Charlie doesn't think Perez's swerve into Sirotkin wasn't diberate after seeing the onboard shots? Well, that says far more about Charlie Whiting's suitability to be F1's Race Director. Perez deliberately crashed into Sirotkin, he looked across, saw his car was alongside, and steered into him.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Said it on another post he should absolutely be getting a one race ban for the way he drove this weekend. His star is vastly diminished he has been outshone by the potential of Ocon. The wrong guy may well be leaving this team at the end of the season.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post