(29-09-2018, 09:04 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(29-09-2018, 10:15 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Interesting to see Helmut Marko stab Mercedes in the back this morning.

I don't see it that way Neil, Toto, is prepared to put his driver on a sabbatical, rather than release him, to race for another team contract free, yet wants to get angry about Ocon not having a drive? Not getting at Toto, it's all part of the game, but said before, these corporate style contracts, stopping drivers and others, going to competitors is getting ridiculous, I just heard that McLaren are going to bring in Pat Fry, because James Keys, "gardening leave" is too long.

Anyway, back on point, if he has Ocon's interest at heart, instead of just playing the Merc corporation game - he should release him, Helmut would take him in a heartbeat - that's managing "a driver" - not the corporate Merc interests, bring back people who manage "drivers" - maybe a bit simplistic on my part though

That said, RBR play the same game, nature of the beast, and I've said many times, like Jody said, we don't want "B" teams, we just want new teams

RBR have had 2 teams for several years, it is what it is, but SF and Merc now seem determined to hoover up the rest of the field, and make them capitulate to their will, not good IMO

Well said Fog my sentiments exactly
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12476/...t-williams

Fingers crossed.

F1 2019: Esteban Ocon a contender to partner George Russell at Williams.
Williams name Russell as 2019 driver; Ocon, Sirotkin and Kubica in contention to partner 20-year-old Brit next year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well fingers crossed they mean it, and that it is a sporting decision, because if it genuinely is then out of Ocon, Sirotkin and Kubica it is an absolute no brainer... Ocon everytime. I know Paddy Lowe thinks very, very highly of Ocon. Both Russell and Ocon supposedly come with a free supply of Mercedes engines, which is worth more to the team than any cash Sirotkin and Kubica could bring, with the added bonus of Ocon being a better driver.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Williams is working on signing Esteban Ocon for next season but it depends on the Formula 1 team raising the necessary budget.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/willi...9/3197384/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-10-2018, 10:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams is working on signing Esteban Ocon for next season but it depends on the Formula 1 team raising the necessary budget.

Mercedes do the F1 world a favour pay the damn bill!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(19-10-2018, 01:20 AM)NeilP Wrote:  
(18-10-2018, 10:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams is working on signing Esteban Ocon for next season but it depends on the Formula 1 team raising the necessary budget.

Mercedes do the F1 world a favour pay the damn bill!!!!

Better still release him so he can go wherever, too late now seats are almost gone

(19-10-2018, 09:53 AM)LotusLover Wrote:  Better still release him so he can go wherever, too late now seats are almost gone

Hiya, not sure he wants to be released Lotus, there's a Mercedes seat he's got his eye on, wouldn't surprise me if Toto has offered Esteban Valtteri's seat already, (in a year) we know how highly he thinks of him.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(19-10-2018, 12:44 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(19-10-2018, 09:53 AM)LotusLover Wrote:  Better still release him so he can go wherever, too late now seats are almost gone

Hiya, not sure he wants to be released Lotus, there's a Mercedes seat he's got his eye on, wouldn't surprise me if Toto has offered Esteban Valtteri's seat already, (in a year) we know how highly he thinks of him.

Thing is Paps let’s see where he goes in the Williams (if he gets a seat) personally I don’t think you’ll see him replace Bottas in the Merc if there is a smooth and orderly servant happy to be No.2 well why rock the boat? Plus what if Russell puts in some sterling performances in the Williams he is part of Mercedes programme so might get the jump! I wouldn’t be surprised not to see Ocon in 2020

Why should Mercedes release him, they have invested in him and there is no doubt in my mind he is Bottas replacement.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(19-10-2018, 10:13 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Why should Mercedes release him, they have invested in him and there is no doubt in my mind he is Bottas replacement.

Hi Neil, has this been said then that Ocon is to replace Bottas, I mean are you sure about that? You think Ocon will do a better job than VB, personally I don’t see the hype about Ocon I do agree he is better than some on the grid currently but I do not think he is so talented it’s showing in bundles, just my opinion but there appears a lot of hype but for me he hasn’t set the world alight a good steady young driver definitely but what else?