https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/...teban-ocon

"What has been going on this year in July and August was just unbelievable. There was so much politics in the background, hidden agendas and lies," an angry Wolff told Sky F1. "Not all of the good kids are going to be in cars next year and Esteban will probably be one of them.

"In July he had two offers on the table and it was just a case of choosing which one was the right one. Then he ended up without anything because people simply don't have the balls to stick to what they say."

McLaren have admitted that Ocon's ties to Mercedes counted against his candidature before they elected to promote Norris, but Wolff has ruled out Mercedes ending their association with Ocon in order to assist his hunt for a race seat in 2019.

"Not in a million years," insisted the Silver Arrows chief. "One day he will win races and championships in a Mercedes."

But Wolff also accepted that an 'anti-Toto' attitude may have been a factor in the push-back against Ocon.

"If some guys feel this way, compromising their performance and not taking the best drivers, it is their problem," he responded. "But eventually talent will shine through."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(14-09-2018, 12:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/...teban-ocon

"What has been going on this year in July and August was just unbelievable. There was so much politics in the background, hidden agendas and lies," an angry Wolff told Sky F1. "Not all of the good kids are going to be in cars next year and Esteban will probably be one of them.

"In July he had two offers on the table and it was just a case of choosing which one was the right one. Then he ended up without anything because people simply don't have the balls to stick to what they say."

McLaren have admitted that Ocon's ties to Mercedes counted against his candidature before they elected to promote Norris, but Wolff has ruled out Mercedes ending their association with Ocon in order to assist his hunt for a race seat in 2019.

"Not in a million years," insisted the Silver Arrows chief. "One day he will win races and championships in a Mercedes."

But Wolff also accepted that an 'anti-Toto' attitude may have been a factor in the push-back against Ocon.

"If some guys feel this way, compromising their performance and not taking the best drivers, it is their problem," he responded. "But eventually talent will shine through."

Such a change from what he a while back, if we could release him and got a drive then probably?? Which one is it Toto??
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(14-09-2018, 12:26 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Such a change from what he a while back, if we could release him and got a drive then probably?? Which one is it Toto??

Hmm yes, maybe he meant like Carlos & Red Bull, on loan? don't know this obviously, complete joke if he has to wait for Bottas's contract to expire, still hoping he can get a Williams seat just to keep his eye in whilst he has to wait.

Exactly Papa so you can have him but he is a MERCEDES driver? Cannot see how he is helping him tbh? I was thinking will he replace VB but can anyone honestly say he is a better driver I can’t thats for sure! Plus he manages VB, did they say on SS F1 VB is a pay driver??
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

LotusLover Toto no longer manages Bottas. In fact he cut ties with Bottas when he started working for Mercedes, and there is no way Bottas is a pay driver. Never was at Williams. I can however say I do think Ocon is better than Bottas. I rate him on the same level as Leclerc and Verstappen.

(14-09-2018, 04:21 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  LotusLover Toto no longer manages Bottas. In fact he cut ties with Bottas when he started working for Mercedes, and there is no way Bottas is a pay driver. Never was at Williams. I can however say I do think Ocon is better than Bottas. I rate him on the same level as Leclerc and Verstappen.

Yeah I must of misheard I thought they were referring to pay drivers and said Bottas? Makes sense for Toto to stop managing once in team otherwise I suppose it would mean “conflict of interest”. As for Ocon over Bottas that’s is debatable for me, considering Bottas showed some strong results in the Williams and Ocon for FI it’s probably quite close, but unusually for me Bottas shades it. Hard to call that one.

Just watched Teds Notebook on Singapore Qualifying and he had a brief discussion with Joe Saward and some very interesting comments came up:

Ted: Esteban Ocon will not be driving in F1 next year will he?

Joe: No, well not in the start of the year anyway!!!

Ted: Will Lance Stroll be driving in a Force India car this year

Joe: No, not this year

Ted: Well at least Ocon gets to see out the rest of season that is good news

Joe: Well they wouldn't have any engines if he did not !!!

If true that is mind blowing and extremely interesting
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

He really said FI wouldn't have engines if Ocon didn't see the year out? I know he brought money and engines for his car to the table for FI, but I didn't think he brought both cars engines? What a bizarre situation if true. Happy if Ocon gets to stick around until the end of the season though.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/905704/1/m...ears-wolff

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says Esteban Ocon won’t be released from its junior programme and is convinced the French driver will show rival teams “made a mistake”

With his future at Force India looking effectively over following the Laurence Stroll-led takeover, which is likely to see his son Lance Stroll join the team, Ocon is facing 2019 without an F1 race seat with a final option at Williams appearing to be his only opportunity.
Both Red Bull and McLaren used Ocon’s ties to Mercedes as a key reason behind rejecting the 22-year-old which Wolff sees as a political move which he describes as ‘hidden agendas’.

The Mercedes boss remains confident of Ocon’s future in F1 despite his uncertain 2019 prospects and ruled out the possibility of releasing the French driver to improve his chances of landing a race seat.

“Not in a million years [will Ocon be released], because one day he is going to be in a Mercedes and win races and championships, and show all the others out there that they made a mistake,” Wolff said.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Can Toto, manage young drivers?

A new light on this from me, I've come to respect the "F1 word guys" and this was their latest

Fair warning 9 min clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbt1QXVtQg

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post