Spill the beans time....

In order of preference:
1. Ferrari
2. Ferrari
3. Ferrari
4. Ferrari
5. Ferrari
6.... You get the point?

As for how I got to be this way, red is my favourite colour (lol), and my interest in the sport only really started around Hill-mania in '96 (aged 10), and Ferrari/Schumacher were the pantomime villains in that era. My interest in the sport turned into a passion around '97-2000 when Michael and Ferrari were fighting and coming good. And then I enjoyed the honeymoon period of 5 years domination.

Granted it's been pretty slim pickings since then, but F1 is a team sport and I'll stick by Ferrari while ever they're around.

Forza Ferrari!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 5 users Like Purple-banana's post

No surprises here boys, from my first time watching (mid 70`s) f1 cars wizzing round a track I was hooked, I didnt really get the rivalries at first as I was too young, but knew I liked the red cars. The more I watched the more I became interested in the sport. Niki Lauda was narrowly beaten by James Hunt in my first year of watching and these 2 drivers will always be something special to me, soon to be joined by Gilles Villeneuve ..... 80`s...who could not be in awe of Mansell, Prost, Piquet and the great Senna. Early 90`s....As much of a red fan as I was one man stood out for me, the great Michael Schumacher, for me he was something very special and to this day continues to be....yes I wanted my red cars to win but I watched in awe of Michael throughout his Benetton years and in 96 all my Christmases and birthdays came at once when MS joined the mighty Ferrari and the dream team was formed.....to this day I have never really followed or supported another driver....just my team. #keepfightingmichael

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 6 users Like forzaferrari's post

Great read Folks, and thanks Neil, a great thread, some of the guys know a bit of mine, but thought I may as well put it here, though maybe less interesting, and I guess that makes me the baby of the group . . . feck . . . yous guys are old, lol

No-one in my family (apart from one brother) was or is into motor port in any way, we were into water sports, due to coast location, of family holidays, anyway, my father, used to teach us how to drive on the empty coast roads on the way back to the caravan , first lesson at about 11, I was aware of F1, but never followed it,

one year though, think I was about 14 at the time - in his "Renault 21 Savannah" estate, and as I was driving back, he turned the radio on - and had my "Kennedy moment" - i.e. you knew exactly where you were, and what you were doing, when the news came through

"Senna was dead" I was floored, even without following the sport at the time, I knew a driver of his calibre, it just shouldn't have happened.

Then when finding more out about it, came the decision of who to follow / support - that was easy, there was only 1 Irish team, "Jordan"

Will always have a soft spot for independent teams, and with Jordan selling out to VJ, had to look elsewhere,

Having learned a bit more about the teams, and factories, Enstone, was another logical step for me, liked their style, and I learned to drive in a Renault, my own first car was a Renault Clio, Also at this stage, my one brother who was into F1, was now a committed reds fan,

So when Fernando, wiped the smile off that face, it was all the more pleasurable, and thus grew the passion, loved getting the Lotus name back there, but I was unaware, of the damage Lotus / Genni, were doing, with under investment at the factory.

And then began the rebuilding process, back with Renault - it's looking positive for the future there. Smile

That being said, I have loved learning more and more about the history of the sport, over the years, like you Neil, not so great on the technical side, but I do see it as a completely "Team" sport, so picking a side is an important factor for me, but as I've said many times, no matter who you support, or for whatever reason, the respect between rivals, is one of the things I like most about it, wasn't aware until I came to the comments pages, that I found just how bitter, some "so called" fans could be, I used to dislike McLaren, mostly due to Ron Dennis - nothing to do with the Lewis / Nando saga, I just never warmed to the fella, and also, didn't like some of the SF, shenanigans, However, I have come to respect both massively, and whilst not a supporter of Merc either as a brand or team, respect them hugely also

It's a sport built on bending the rules, to the extreme, so I never fully understand, why some get so bent out of shape, when something gets "broken"

Just my nature though

Ps. My brother, who is the only other in my Family into F1 (and a reds fan), is also called Neil, haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 5 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(23-08-2018, 08:09 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  feck . . . yous guys are old, lol

excuse me fog, I will have you know my spirit is only 25 years young  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-08-2018, 08:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-08-2018, 08:09 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  feck . . . yous guys are old, lol

excuse me fog, I will have you know my spirit is only 25 years young  Tongue

Off topic but . . . Craig Charles, today on radio, said he met Shaun Rhyder recently (Happy Mondays) , who is now 56, he said, "Good to see you . . . . How's Bez doing?"

Rhyder: "Same as always . . . . he left the house, at 21, and never came home" hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Some great information from you guys out there very interesting reading. Lots of older people on here, I like that a lot.

I have a liberal supply of pins but now I got to get to making the dolls to stick them in if anyone should experience any unexpected pains during the next week or so, well, dont worry about it!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(27-08-2018, 10:17 AM)NeilP Wrote:  I have a liberal supply of pins but now I got to get to making the dolls to stick them in if anyone should experience any unexpected pains during the next week or so, well, dont worry about it!!!

Ah, now my back pain this morning makes sense  Angry

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post