10 things we'll miss in F1 in 2019 . . .

I missed this when it was first published, not the best examples at times, some radio, could've been better, but I think that was more to wind peeps up

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/featu...-2019.html

If anyone wants to say what else they'll miss about this guy, feel free to add, haha Smile

I'm going to miss, the belligerent comments from posters, who clearly have no liking whatsoever for the guy, I have, apart from the loons, always found it very amusing - haha, - not specifically you Morini, lol,  Stoned

All in all though a decent summary of the guy 
Big Grin

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 5 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

So much has been said already. Personally I like the guy a whole lot, he brings a lot to the table, you look at the highlights above and then think of doing the same thing for Raikkonen and you may just about be able to put together a 10 second clip... if you are lucky.

He was great for Formula 1 and I am sad to see him go, I am even more saddened by the fact for the last 3 seasons he was wasted in a McLaren car. I would venture to suggest if he did not talk himself out of Ferrari he possibly could have won it all last year and would quite possibly be in with a chance again this season he may have half as many championships as Vettel but he is twice the driver Vettel is was could be!

Finally, he ain't coming back!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Agree with the sentiment Neil, but this bit:

(25-08-2018, 10:37 AM)NeilP Wrote:  you look at the highlights above and then think of doing the same thing for Raikkonen and you may just about be able to put together a 10 second clip... if you are lucky.

First off, choked on my beer, when, KImi, said - he was "having a shit", when Pele, was giving, Schumi an award, and there are so many other examples, I know what you're saying, as everyone knows here, I'm a massive Fernando fan. But picking Kimi, as an example was a mistake in my opinion, to make a comparison

Can't find, a decent clip show, but I think most know Kimi, is a huge character as well Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Great stuff. Will be sadly missed

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferna...18/?nrt=54

[+] 5 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

As the clock has ticked down on him in F1 my overwhelming feeling is one of sadness that such a talented driver was never able to maximize his achievements in the sport. I know he shoulders a good portion of the blame and maybe he was too strong willed for his own good. I really do not know much about his relationship with his management but I feel all concerned could have done a better job.

I wish him success in his other racing ventures and I am sure whatever they are he will do well. I do not see him coming back to F1 there is just too much young talent coming through and again his past history will probably be held against him and in any case he would surely only come back if he had a real chance of being a Champion and I just dont see that opportunity arising.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Two Spanish racers, two of the greatest retiring from their respective sports this year. We have all ready had a very fitting send off for Dani Pedrosa in MotoGP. Unlike F1, in MotoGP I do support riders, and Dani was my top man, so it was sad to see him go, but it was time. Just like Alonso, he deserved so much more.

While it might not be Alonso's time to leave, he is just locked out of where he should be, and thats fighting at the front. 2012 I was fully behind Alonso as he took the championship to the final race. Valencia 2012 is certainly a stand out, as the emotion pored out as win he won the race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Em2sC9tw8
He might not be, self confessed, a great qualifier, but that just made way for his greatest traits, the starts. Countless times, carving through the field on the opening laps. Actual racing he's at the top of the list. Nearly always fair, unless its Vettel, in which case the Spanish bullishness boils over.

Love or hate, a two time champion, a legend. The sport is going to his miss name on the timing tower, I certainly will.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I hope as time passes the negative things about him fade away, as you say Hesh he is/was a fabulous driver with an ability to wring out every last bit of performance from whatever car he was driving. I will miss him too, so many of his outbursts at McLaren were borne out of sheer frustration and I for one can forgive him those times.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

I wish Alonso the best of luck going for the triple crown....in my opinion (which aint worth much) He is leaving F1 too early...he is still in the top 5 of Drivers on the grid maybe even higher but without a semi decent car it must be killing him as a competitor, but there is a lack of opportunities to drive in a top team so he has made the decision to go..for next year anyway.

If I was in charge of any of the midfield teams i would have fought tooth and nail to get him behind the wheel....not just for the results and points he would acquire but for the knowledge and progression he would bring to the car and the team.....he might moan a bit but show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...

He was born to win....and probably deserved more than his 2 WDC's

I wish him a safe and successful new chapter in his life...and hope he comes back while still in his prime.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

Okay, here comes the negative guy Wink

Never been a fan of Alonso. Don't ask me why, 'cause I wouldn't be able to provide you with a valid answer. Maybe it has something to do with his 'Who is Schumacher?' back in the days?

Although I agree he is a character of a special breed Wink

But anyway, personally I won't miss him in F1. But than again, that is only my opinion (so not a valid argument, lol)

edit: what about that tripple crown? I recently read somewhere he has 2 out of 3, but wasn't he disqualified in LM2018 (or better: Toyota and therefor he)? So does that win still count?
[+] 1 user Likes JDF_AW's post

@JDF_AW the Toyota's were disqualified from one event, not the entire championship, due to a minor infringement with flexing in a front wing. It was caused by damage to both cars and probably harmed their performance, but they were DSQ, because otherwise they'd be getting a clean sweep this year. Alonso's Le Man win stands.

As for missing Alonso? Same was said of Schumacher, then not long after we got Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel into the sport and that's just how it goes. Sure we miss them for a while, but young drivers are ways waiting to come into the sport. Next year we get to see Leclerc in a Ferrari, and hopefully Verstappen in a competitive RBR.

Plus we have Gasly (who has impressed me) stepping up to the senior team. Many expect Max to trounce him, but I'm no longer so certain it'll be quite that easy a walk over. Then there's Russell at Williams, Norris at McLaren and (finally) Giovinazzi at Sauber, all good young exciting prospects. We might some of us miss, but I'm just not sure it'll be for long.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post