Carlos Sainz

(30-08-2020, 01:22 PM)morini Wrote:  
(30-08-2020, 01:18 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Talking about Saintz; by now, how much is he regretting signing that Ferrari contract? Ricciardo must feel he dodged a bullet...

Every driver wants to get in a Ferrari though. They might be poor this year and next but from 2022 I would expect them to be competitive again. Whether they are competitive enough remains to be seen.
Well, if I was a driver I rather drive a pink car and get results than a red car and get nothing other that driving an iconic red car. But then again I am not a race driver...
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Listen Binotto you Italian prick , about that piece of paper you convinced me to sign...

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 7 users Like forzaferrari's post

A few rumours circulating the new contract deal between Carlos Sainz and Ferrari has stalled, Sainz is looking for a 2 year deal, Ferrari want to offer a 1 year deal with an option on the 2nd.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Maranello 21 April 2022

Scuderia Ferrari is pleased to announce that it has extended its agreement with Carlos Sainz. The Spaniard, who made his debut with the Maranello squad in the 2021 season, will thus be part of the team to the end of 2024.

"I am very happy to have renewed my contract with Scuderia Ferrari. I have always said that there is no better Formula 1 team to race for and after over a year with them, I can confirm that putting on this race suit and representing this team is unique and incomparable. My first season at Maranello was solid and constructive, with the whole group progressing together. The result of all that work has been clear to see so far season.
I feel strengthened by this renewed show of confidence in me and now I can’t wait to get in the car, to do my best for Ferrari and to give its fans plenty to cheer about. The F1-75 is proving to be a front-runner, which can allow me to chase my goals on track, starting with taking my first Formula 1 win."

Carlos Sainz

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Great move by Ferrari. Like him or not behind the scenes Binotto has done a really good job with this team. Giving up on last season must have been hard to do but it is clearly paying dividends. Mercedes would i feel be better served by doing the same and using this season to improve their car for next year.

I would agree Ferraris driver line up is the best pairing on the grid right now.Add to that the car and I think the constructors is theirs to lose.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(21-04-2022, 03:20 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Great move by Ferrari. Like him or not behind the scenes Binotto has done a really good job with this team. Giving up on last season must have been hard to do but it is clearly paying dividends. Mercedes would i feel be better served by doing the same and using this season to improve their car for next year.

I would agree Ferraris driver line up is the best pairing on the grid right now.Add to that the car and I think the constructors is theirs to lose.

I agree Neil... now that Harry has been reined in a bit and not running around trying to control everything, also think bringing Jock back into a more prominent role (even if only labelled as driver coach) has, and will prove to have a huge influence not only on the pitwall but behind the scenes. I would still like to see the red team bring in a strong leader if only to act as a buffer between the racing department and the boardroom, still far too many suits having a say/strop for my liking.

A bit too early for any constructors talk from me just yet, but so far so good, long may it continue.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

We have been watching the Dakar.  (gutted our boy Sam Sunderland out on day 1)

Carlos Sainz scolded by FIA after investigation over Ferrari star's post-season antics. (think this is bollocks)  Shutup

Carlos Sainz Jr has found himself in hot water with the FIA, with an investigation against the Ferrari man launched by the governing body. In the off-season Sainz has been supporting his father Carlos Sainz Sr who is competing in the world famous Dakar Rally.

Despite being out of action, Sainz has still found himself in trouble with the FIA after a clip of the Spanish star surfaced on social media. In the video Sainz Sr is seen working alongside co-pilot Lucas Cruz to perform repairs on their vehicle out in the Saudi Arabian desert.

The Ferrari man's dad is seen dressed in his full racing overalls alongside his helmet whilst fixing the brake on the left rear wheel of his car. Sainz Jr was also pictured in the background in the clip sporting a bright yellow jacket.

The Spaniard seemingly walked himself into trouble with the FIA, after getting himself involved with the fix. As a result, Sainz Jr is seen speaking with his father about the problem, as they quickly looked to get going.

His fault however seemingly came after the F1 driver came too close to the drivers' door as his father slammed it shut. This proved to be a red flag for the sport's governing body, hence an investigation being filed.

Per article Article 49.2.1 of the rulings, "The presence of team personnel or any team conveyance (including helicopters) is prohibited within one kilometre of its competing vehicle," Sainz Sr and his Audi team however have pleaded their instance.

In response they claimed that this was not a rule-break with Sainz Jr not actually part of the 'team personnel'. As a result, the FIA have accepted the claim and have decided not to issue a punishment.

The result of the enquiry concluded: "There is no evidence confirming a violation of the regulations in a legal sense." Despite being let off without a punishment, the FIA seemingly still offered a Sainz Jr a slap on the wrist.

They added: "The behaviour of all members of the motorsport community should not raise any doubts. Of particular importance is the fact that very well-known people in motorsport set an example for everyone else."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Good to hear the fia have sorted out the important stuff and now have time for all the trivial shit eh

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-01-2023, 10:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Good to hear the fia have sorted out the important stuff and now have time for all the trivial shit eh

Still waiting for Hamiltons execution date for daring to wear jewelry and jeopardize his life and others by doing so.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Carlos Sainz Sr confirms that Audi have reached out regarding Carlos Sainz

“Of course there is contact, but nothing at the moment.”

“But of course, Audi are moving. They are working hard, and have the ambition to become really good, really quickly so they are moving very strongly.”

“Andreas worked with Carlos for a couple of years at McLaren…they know each other very well and had a very successful time there.”

“Andreas really appreciates Carlos more, and the quality he can do with the speed and feedback.”

“It’s really good that Audi made the step into F1, and it’s going to be a good place, that’s for sure.”

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post