Gasly to RedBull for 2019

Red Bull has confirmed that Pierre Gasly will partner Max Verstappen in its lead Formula 1 team next season, in place of Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-08-2018, 08:42 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Red Bull has confirmed that Pierre Gasly will partner Max Verstappen in its lead Formula 1 team next season, in place of Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo.

Did they also confirm, that they've been favouring Max all along? haha - Kudos again to Danny for jumping ship, again I do believe, Horner has tried to be fair with drivers, but when you have your bosses, wanting another thing, it's a tough spot to be in,

Guess, they are also confirming, adopting the SF approach, No.1, and No.2 driver, would be great though, if Gasly gave them some headaches though, to spoil the wunderkids, title chances, I like Gasly Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Moved from Belgium GP race thread.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(20-08-2018, 08:51 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Guess, they are also confirming, adopting the SF approach, No.1, and No.2 driver

When was it ever any different at Red Bull? Ask Mark Webber!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(20-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Moved from Belgium GP race thread.

Cheers Hesh, my bad was trying to do 10 things at once while posting

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Forza - Cheers Hesh, my bad was trying to do 10 things at once while posting

There we have it living proof Ferrari fans cannot do more than 9 things at a time... lame!!!!

I demand punishment Morini he is a constant rule breaker like his team!!!!!

Gasly to Red Bull was pretty much expected, what will Toro Rosso do now two new drivers or give Hartley a stay of execution!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(20-08-2018, 09:13 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I demand punishment Morini he is a constant rule breaker like his team!!!!!

Bloody wind up merchant  Tongue

Hartley has gotta go, I like the guy but he just hasnt performed

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-08-2018, 09:02 PM)morini Wrote:  
(20-08-2018, 08:51 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Guess, they are also confirming, adopting the SF approach, No.1, and No.2 driver

When was it ever any different at Red Bull? Ask Mark Webber!

Kinda agree with you there Morini - shock horror, lol, but at the time, RBR were still building their team, using experienced drivers like DC, and then Webber, to get up the field, Seb, was really their first, junior driver, brought through their own porgramme, to be a WDC, which I totally understood. Again, I think Horner, tried to be fair, but it was clear, Dietrich, and Helmut, wanted, a driver, from their own programme to win.

The difference this time is, that Danny, was also and RBR, junior, yet they still seemed to favour Max, rather than equal parity, is my point.

Again, I understand RBR (management), wanting to better, Seb as another "youngest" WDC, but not to give a driver like Danny, equal parity - proves it

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Looking forward to what Gasly can offer next season, a fresh young face in a top team well.... if Honda provide that is!!!
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

I said it on the Sky forum already, but this news is not that much of a surprise, but more over makes me realise how young Verstappen is. I look at him now as the senior driver (before I saw Ricciardo as the senior driver - I do not mean nr. 1 driver with senior). Gasly only 22 (23 very shortly), Verstappen is only 20! It feels like he's been around for much longer.

Gasly, will he be up to the task? The kid is fast, but Verstappen to me seems like another level. Riccardo and Verstappen where much more on the same level and therefor pushing each other further and further (although I think Verstappen surpassed him finaly this year in terms of talent; scary part is that the youngster is still growing).
I think that a) Verstappen will leave Red Bull within three years because the lack of championship material. Will move to Mercedes. Or b) Gasly has to go because he will keep underperforming compared to Verstappen.
Don't get me wrong, I like Gasly and hope he will grow and give that wild Verstappen a challenge. Just think he is not the same level.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post