Gasly to RedBull for 2019

Verstappen will I believe be in a Ferrari when he wins his First Championship. Major changes ahead for the sport in the coming years, lots of talent coming through too it seems. F1 looks pretty healthy on the driver front now we need to make sure it is healthy from the teams point of view. I hope Liberty really get into this area of F1 it has needed an overhaul for far too long!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2727/...erstappen/

Pierre Gasly is excited to go head-to-head with Max Verstappen at Red Bull next season, but insists their rivalry will be a friendly one. Gasly will replace the Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull next year, with Verstappen's influence over the team seeming to grow.

After Ricciardo stunned the Formula 1 world by confirming his Red Bull departure, reports suggested that the Australian had grown frustrated over the team's plan to favour Verstappen – although the Australian was quick to insist his relationship with his stable-mate remains strong.

Earlier this year, Verstappen said that he was Dr Helmut Marko's "project" – similar to Sebastian Vettel, who won four world titles at Red Bull between 2010-2013.

However, Gasly will not accept second billing to Verstappen in 2019 and has set lofty goals for himself from the off.
"You always need the time to get used to everything, but hopefully I will be quick to work with the team and the car," he told Ziggo.

"I've known the team at Red Bull Racing for a while and at their request I have already been in the simulator and I hope to be at ease soon.

"It's not my wish to destroy Max. We are both drivers and of course I am going there to be the best. I want to be the best Formula 1 driver on the grid and he has the same desire.

"It's nice to have someone next to you who is so fast, so you can bring out the best in each other, we're going to experience great times."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Next season will be a HUGE test of Gasly's ability. Even if he's within touching distance of Verstappen next season it'll be impressive. I believe he's talented, but he's had nowhere near the level of experience Verstappen has.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b...s/3207725/

Red Bull boss Christian Horner thinks it would be unfair to expect Pierre Gasly to challenge Max Verstappen immediately next year, but says the team predicts "big things" from the Frenchman.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has backed Pierre Gasly to overcome his difficult start to life in the team.

Gasly as struggled for form since moving from Toro Rosso and was unable to replicate his 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix heroics this time around.

Horner admitted that the 2019 Red Bull is hard to drive.

"It seems to only work effectively in a very narrow range of settings," he said.

"Max has no particular problems with that, but it's quite clear that Pierre does. However, I'm sure he will eventually get on top of it."

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(01-04-2019, 05:16 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has backed Pierre Gasly to overcome his difficult start to life in the team.

Gasly as struggled for form since moving from Toro Rosso and was unable to replicate his 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix heroics this time around.

Horner admitted that the 2019 Red Bull is hard to drive.

"It seems to only work effectively in a very narrow range of settings," he said.

"Max has no particular problems with that, but it's quite clear that Pierre does. However, I'm sure he will eventually get on top of it."

Well, Verstappen said as well in a interview that the car is not balanced enough and has a lack of pace in the race. I was thinking that much when looking the last race; Red Bull needs to work on their car.
Think Verstappen better adjusted to this Red Bull and Gasly needs a bit of time. I hope at least, because Gasly is not looking good.
Good from Horner to keep backing up Gasly.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Gasly is in trouble I think.
Just saw Marko blaming Gasly, in public, for Verstappen his touche with the "wall of champions". Okay, it might be, it makes sense what Marko said, but saying that public? Not a good sign.

To be honest, Gasly is not improving. Even when you consider his teammate (not a nice reference), or that he is new in the Red Bull, he should do better by now. In stead, he ended up behind both Renaults, starting P5 and ending P8. While his teammate did the opposite. Gasly should've been at least in front of the Renaults (or maybe just one, but not behind both). I did not even see Gasly fighting for a position higher then P8 last sunday. Did I miss something?

Will Gasly be driving a Red Bull next season?
Personally I think the Torpedo is faster. Albon is showing good skill. How is that Dan Ticktum doing?
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post