Alonso to leave f1

(14-08-2018, 08:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(14-08-2018, 07:09 PM)morini Wrote:  Oh, and "the triple" means nothing to me so whilst I wish him well in hs quest for that small consolation it'll be met with a "Meh" here Smile

I know you're not a fan, but "small consolation"???...A bit more than just that bud, come on! Credit where credit is due and all that!

At least if he emulates Graham Hill's achievements on track...he should have the decency to equal his achievements off track and pilot his 'Hillarious Airways.' plane into the ground....and the "big giant head" is no more.......Too much??.....Ok maybe.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(14-08-2018, 08:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I know you're not a fan, but "small consolation"???...A bit more than just that bud, come on! Credit where credit is due and all that!

No, I chose those words quite carefully. That's what I think, my honest opinion. Alonso would have taken a third WDC over chasing this triple guff any day of the week and I think everyone knows that. I find it all a bit sad and also rather cringeworthy.

If it makes him feel better then all power to him. I know what I think about it, thanks and all that Wink

Yeah M you are right, Alonso (like any other top driver) would love to add another title to their tally however I think achieving the triple crown is also an accolade any driver would like to have on top of 2 WDC`s

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Here you go Morini, you can get this printed & framed....2 of your favourite drivers in 1 pic  Tongue

[Image: f1-abu-dhabi-gp-2009-fernando-alonso-ren...1-team.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-08-2018, 10:21 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah M you are right, Alonso (like any other top driver) would love to add another title to their tally however I think achieving the triple crown is also an accolade any driver would like to have on top of 2 WDC`s

Meh  Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(15-08-2018, 10:57 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Here you go Morini, you can get this printed & framed....2 of your favourite drivers in 1 pic  Tongue

[Image: f1-abu-dhabi-gp-2009-fernando-alonso-ren...1-team.jpg]

Thanks for that. It will take pride of place on the wall of my downstairs crapper.  Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

BBC gossip.

"Nascar has invited Fernando Alonso to race in the Daytona 500 next year after the Spaniard confirmed he will leave Formula 1 at the end of the season"

Unlike Morini I would watch this bloke race lawn mowers! Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(15-08-2018, 11:59 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Unlike Morini I would watch this bloke race lawn mowers!   Wink

Nobody said anything about lawnmowers. That might be  quite entertaining, where's indycar most definitely isn't!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Everyone is having their two pennies worth now, least he got the bit right about Schumacher eh Forza  Big Grin 

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24379693/1979-f1-champion-jody-scheckter-people-overrate-fernando-alonso
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(15-08-2018, 03:34 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Everyone is having their two pennies worth now, least he got the bit right about Schumacher eh Forza  Big Grin 

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24379693/1979-f1-champion-jody-scheckter-people-overrate-fernando-alonso

https://www.planetf1.com/news/massa-alon...chumacher/

Just to add to the discussion.

[b]Fernando Alonso is on the “same level” as Michael Schumacher but has had less success than the German because he can “split a team”; that’s according to Felipe Massa.[/b]

During his years in Formula 1, Massa was team-mates with both World Champions.

When he first joined Ferrari in 2006 he was Schumacher’s team-mate and in his final years at the Scuderia, he was Alonso’s.
As such he has first hand knowledge of how both World Champions operate.

“As for pure talent, I would put Michael and Fernando on the same level,” Massa said.

“Alonso has the gift, the ease, of understanding a race and driving incredibly fast. A highly intelligent driver with extensive skills and I would say all that also about Michael.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post