Alonso to leave f1

Coming to Amazon Prime ...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1280916449528332288

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(08-07-2020, 06:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Coming to Amazon Prime ...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1280916449528332288

That reminds me, I must cancel my prime sub.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(08-07-2020, 05:21 PM)morini Wrote:  
(08-07-2020, 04:03 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Binnitto to be sacked for the poor development or rather no development in the ferarri

What Ferrari need is to bring in a non technical "arse kicker" man manager and let Binotto concentrate on what he's good at.

They had that, Arrivabene. The team hated him because he made them do checks, and brought in performance management. He also got rid of people who made too many errors. If the rumours are true he fired people for turning up late at work as well. The truth is Ferrari needed that kick up the arse, but the staff didn't like it and Binotto saw his opportunity to oust him and get rid of his performance management team and the Q&A people he brought in.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(08-07-2020, 01:21 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  But to be fair, once in a blue moon & if the wind is blowing in the right direction they do get it right 50% of the time  Wink

(08-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Alonso coming back is big news, but not massively unexpected. Have no idea what the "news" might be that's bigger? Vetstappen to Mercedes? Not sure anything involving Vettel would be bigger.

So, don't keep us all in suspense Forza. What's the "bigger than Alonso returning" announcement today? Nothing obvious in the usual places from what I can see.

(09-07-2020, 12:19 PM)morini Wrote:  So, don't keep us all in suspense Forza. What's the "bigger than Alonso returning" announcement today? Nothing obvious in the usual places from what I can see.

Only back home now, I aint heard f.a.

oh, hang on a minute......

here we go.....

I think this is it.....

yeah breaking news coming through now....

almost there.....

Ah ffs, sure we all already knew that  Sad

Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(08-07-2020, 10:59 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Anyone hearing/reading rumours of an announcement coming Thursday (tomorrow)......apparently bigger than the Alonso news?....could be a load of old tosh tbf.

(09-07-2020, 03:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(09-07-2020, 12:19 PM)morini Wrote:  So, don't keep us all in suspense Forza. What's the "bigger than Alonso returning" announcement today? Nothing obvious in the usual places from what I can see.

Only back home now, I aint heard f.a.

So, good old reliable social media reporting then? Hope the guy who said it is suitably embarrassed.

I'm sure Lewis will be chuffed knowing him being a prick is bigger news than a past it ex formula 1 driver coming back into F1 though. Wink

I suppose it depends on your definition of "young", but this is pushing it a bit!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau...=widget-22

Well, he`s younger than me if that counts Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-09-2020, 10:25 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Well, he`s younger than me if that counts Wink

Well, younger than me too. But that's not saying much from this resident of "jurassic park" Wink

I've always said I admire/like Alonso the driver, the man not so much, just can't help himself with the back handed compliment.    Rolleyes

Fernando Alonso says he was surprised by Lewis Hamilton’s switch to Ferrari for F1 2025 because he thought his old rival was loyal to Mercedes.

“It was a little bit unexpected but I don’t know the reason behind it. I don’t know anything, so it’s more a question for him. I didn’t pay too much attention or spend much time thinking about it.”

Alonso could not resist questioning Hamilton's claim, saying: “It was not his childhood dream 12 months ago, no?"

"Or two months ago I guess, because it was a different dream then.”

But the Spaniard did say that Hamilton's move to Ferrari could be the difference in turning the Italian team into championship contenders.

“I hope he enjoys the experience, I think it’s a very special team. It is more special when you win,” Alonso added.

“That’s the thing - you need to win. It’s a few years already that they have a very fast car and they were fighting for big things and maybe Lewis can bring that extra to fight for the championship.

“Because I think, as I said, I think the car is there. At the end of last year even with a very dominant Red Bull car, Ferrari was still able to match the lap times and be faster than them in most of the qualifying.

“So I think the car should be fast enough.”

#RentFree

Really hope Lewis can win in red for many reasons, would enjoy the Alonso interview on how Lewis managed to win with three different manufacturers through gritted teeth.  Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post