Alonso to leave f1

(02-10-2018, 01:07 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Does Morini have a job writing for Moto Gp we didn’t know about Smile

Fsck! Rumbled.

Actually not me, but could be Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(02-10-2018, 01:07 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(02-10-2018, 12:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I have been sharing these alternative views/gems over on Motogp thread but as this one involves the Monobrow I will post here...
http://motogpnews.com/2018/08/22/alonso-...to-motogp/
Does Morini have a job writing for Moto Gp we didn’t know about Smile

Brillant lads.              Laughing     Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-cou...l-in-2007/

Alonso could have joined Red Bull in 2007.

Dr Helmut Marko has lifted the lid on a secret meeting in Madrid in the autumn of 2007 between Red Bull and Luis Garcia Abad, Fernando Alonso’s manager.

The contract negotiations between Alonso and Red Bull in 2007, proved perhaps the most confusing in Formula 1 history.

[Thread necro]

Sombody on here called this recently. Might have been in the chatroom on Sunday? Neil maybe?

Anyway :

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-no...1-f1-team/

Let's hope it doesn't come to anything, F1 is better off without him.

[/Thread necro]

If it was called, Kudos, stellar call! Even the article is just speculative rumours.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

I can see why Renault would be interested in Alonso, thing is Ocon is signed up until 2021, and they'll want to retain Ricciardo I'd imagine. However, if Ricciardo say gets a drive in a Mercedes because a certain driver has moved to Ferrari then maybe Alonso would be a good bet. Honestly though, I hope it doesn't happen.

‘Alonso to Renault with Liberty footing the bill’

Fernando Alonso has reportedly begun talks to replace Daniel Ricciardo at Renault with Liberty Media ‘happy to pay a part’ of the Spaniard’s wages.

Formula 1’s 2021 driver market went into a spin this week with confirmation that Sebastian Vettel was on his way out at Ferrari, 2020 set to be his final year.

48 hours later Carlos Sainz was announced as his replacement while, instead of announcing Vettel as a straight swap, McLaren confirmed that Daniel Ricciardo would be taking Sainz’s seat.

That leaves Renault one driver short for the 2021 season.

Immediately the rumour mill suggested Alonso as a replacement and, according to Marca, it may just get its wish.
The Spaniard publication understands that ‘Alonso is in talks to become a driver for Renault’.

It added that ‘Renault need a big name to keep their ambitious project afloat and they believe Alonso represents their best option going forward’.

There is, however, one sticking point – his wages.

Alonso was bringing in $30m per season in his final year with McLaren, a hefty increase on the $17m that Renault paid Ricciardo.

‘The major stumbling block for Renault in their pursuit of Alonso will be his salary,’ says Marca, ‘but there could be a solution.

‘Liberty Media are happy to pay a good part of Alonso’s high wages and an agreement could be reached before the 2020 season gets underway in Austria.’

German publication Bild reckons a deal is pretty much done while F1 driver turned commentator Martin Brundle added his voice to the growing list.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I logged on to post the same thing as it flashed up on my phone.

Bloody ridiculous if LM are now paying drivers wages. Complete nonsense. They are turning F1 into a circus.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Hiya M, can you really see the other teams allowing it mate? they can't agree the sky's blue on a hot sunny day lol....

(15-05-2020, 12:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hiya M, can you really see the other teams allowing it mate? they can't agree the sky's blue on a hot sunny day lol....

Very true, hadn't thought of that.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post