Alonso to leave f1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZX4yKnaD3k (4m 30s)

The Drivers React To Alonso’s Penalty In Melbourne

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

A pairing with Saintz would be interesting if they continue to develop the car at the rate they have been doing.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Ok cool, personally I think it would have been more fun if he signed for Red Bull.    Devil

The only downside, it means one less option for Carlos (Cant see daddy Stroll gettin rid of baby Stroll) Sad

Looks like Fernando is with Aston for the long haul

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-04-2024, 08:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
Looks like Fernando is with Aston for the long haul

I read they have given Fernando an "ambassador" roll.

Also, Mercedes wouldn't offer Lewis the same...but Ferrari have.

Just read they (Mercedes) have offered Max a mega deal with an "ambassador" roll. 
(Don't see why would he sign now, maybe 2026?)

Who knows what the truth is?..

Probably come out in time.

Also, Mercedes wouldn't offer Lewis the same...but Ferrari have. Just read they (Mercedes) have offered Max a mega deal with an "ambassador" roll.

If that is true that is a massive sign of disrespect to Hamilton with what he has accomplished with them as a team. I do not understand how you can be an ambassador for Ferrari have not driven for them yet and unlikely to do so for than a few seasons. It must be all about the incentive to move rather than some heart felt move by them.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(12-04-2024, 10:53 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Also, Mercedes wouldn't offer Lewis the same...but Ferrari have.  Just read they (Mercedes) have offered Max a mega deal with an "ambassador" roll.

If that is true that is a massive sign of disrespect to Hamilton with what he has accomplished with them as a team.

I do not understand how you can be an ambassador for Ferrari have not driven for them yet and unlikely to do so for than a few seasons. It must be all about the incentive to move rather than some heart felt move by them.

Yeah we were saying the same.   Dodgy

But in fairness mate Lewis has been a long time Ferrari fan.     Tongue

Good business for Ferrari though is it not, Lewis's online media presence is massive compared to others, free advertising uh?

His following dwarfs any other team or driver by a distance.

Lewis Hamilton

Instagram: 29.2m Facebook: 6m Twitter: 7.6m

Combined Total: 42.8m

Charles Leclerc

Instagram: 8.2m Facebook: 1.1m Twitter: 2m

Combined Total: 11.3m

Max Verstappen

Instagram: 9m Facebook: 2.5m Twitter: 2.9m

Combined Total: 14.4m

Ferrari

Instagram: 9.6m Facebook: 4.8m Twitter: 4m

Combined Total: 18m

Red Bull

Instagram: 8.7m Facebook: 11m Twitter: 4m

Combined Total: 24m

Mercedes

Instagram: 9.8m Facebook: 11.6m Twitter: 4.2m

Combined Total: 25.6m

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-04-2024, 12:25 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Who knows what the truth is?..

Probably come out in time.

Only when the drivers in question have fully cut their ties will the books surface and the truth emerge.

Alonso taking an ambassadorial role with Aston is a joke, surely? Who'd want a toxic Spaniard as the company mascot? Not a respected British marque.

Fuck off and talk to Seat Fernando! They would love a Spanish ambassador.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-04-2024, 10:20 PM)morini Wrote:  Fuck off and talk to Seat Fernando! They would love a Spanish ambassador.

PMSL   Laughing

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post