Magnussen: Steiner did well to "shut me up" in Canada.

Kevin Magnussen admits that his Haas Formula 1 team boss Gunther Steiner did well to make sure that he didn't "go crazy" on the radio during the Canadian GP.

After Magnussen stated in a radio message that he was enduring the "worst experience" he'd ever had in a racing car, Steiner intervened and told the Dane that "enough was enough."

Following his qualifying crash, Magnussen started from the pitlane with a set-up gamble that didn't pay off and left him with a difficult car.

On the in-lap to the pits after the race, Magnussen apologised to the crew, acknowledging that they had to work hard to rebuild the car for him.

"He didn't tell me off," he said when asked by Motorsport.com about Steiner's intervention. "You should hear when he tells me off!

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Haas Formula 1 title sponsor Rich Energy cannot use its stag logo in the United Kingdom after July 18, a court order has confirmed.
As part of the judgement, the energy drink company's boss William Storey has to disclose full details of the company’s sponsorship arrangements with Haas.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich-...s/4487108/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I am really bewildered by the performance of this team over the season so far. Surely they should be a lot quicker than they are. I am disappointed in both drivers I think they kept Grosjean a year too long and just every time Magnussen looks like he gets 'it' he loses 'it'.

I know they struggle with brake issues and have for a very long time (which bemuses me too surely they could have got that sorted by now) and I know some teams are reportedly really struggling to get the tyres into their operating window but is it anything else here?

Haas are genuinely struggling with the tyres in the race, I actually think Magnussen is doing a good job, and proving to me at least that he deserves to be on the grid. I'll leave my opinions of Grosjean to one side for now, because it's clear the team has some serious issues with their car that aren't easy to drive around.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Utter bellends this lot....nothing to do with losing the court case and having to show finances? fecking shysters.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(Motorsport)

The Rich Energy saga has taken another twist after Whyte Bikes confirmed that it is considering taking steps to recover legal costs it was awarded after the recent logo copyright infringement case.

In May, Whyte won its action against Rich Energy, its CEO William Storey and logo designer Staxoweb over the use of the stag’s head logo. A subsequent court order confirmed that the three defendants should pay costs of £35,416 by yesterday.

That requirement was not met, and Whyte said today that in order to recover the money its options may include submitting applications to wind up Rich and Staxoweb, and petitioning for the bankruptcy of Storey.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

To make matter worse it is clear there's actually no performance clause in there sponsorship deal with Haas. This whole saga is a complete and utter mess, trouble is it's going to hurt a team like Haas very very hard. Is there more behind Rich Energy? Is it all a smoke and mirrors tax dodge for wealthy investors like someone suggested recently? Who knows... but something isn't right.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Its a complete farce, heres the latest tweet....

@rich_energy Following a board meeting of Rich Energy Ltd chaired by CEO William Storey and in light of the treacherous conduct of minority stakeholders the exclusive rights to distribute @rich_energy have been transferred to another company. Mr Storey retains complete ownership #RichEnergy

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

It's all fake bullshit isn't. It's literally a bearded cretin arguing with himself on Twitter. It's all a fantasy in his head. Go read the 'positive' reviews for Rich Energy drinks on Amazon and they're literally his "brand talking points". He's probably had one of his imaginery staff write them.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(13-07-2019, 06:16 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's all fake bullshit isn't. It's literally a bearded cretin arguing with himself on Twitter. It's all a fantasy in his head. Go read the 'positive' reviews for Rich Energy drinks on Amazon and they're literally his "brand talking points". He's probably had one of his imaginery staff write them.

Yeah, had been following the drama & bs on twatter and insta....you couldnt make this farce up, I noticed several peeps (D - Z listing celebs) over the last month or so posting pics with multiple cases of these cans which had "turned up" on their doorstep or workplaces....99% of who knew nothing about Storey or the brand....now all this has kicked of he is now cc`ing them on emails & posts as if they are endorsing the product.....embarrassing at best.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post