https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-...w/4317285/

F1 tech review: The details that proved Haas was no Ferrari clone. (20 slide pic's)

The VF-18 was a relatively uncluttered car, the layout of which was predefined by the team’s decision to purchase a huge swathe of parts from Ferrari.

That didn’t make it a copy of last year’s Ferrari as some have suggested though, rather a tribute – as it makes sense to take design cues from the larger teams when operating with less resources and a relatively meagre budget.

Join us as we take a look at some of the similar design elements that may have provoked such indignation and marvel at the complexity of the designs only used by Haas in 2018...

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post
Photo 

Haas will reveals its livery for the 2019 Formula 1 season next week on Thursday February 7.
The American team's livery is expected to reflect the black-and-gold colours of title sponsor Rich Energy after signing a deal with the energy drink company late last year.

Haas confirmed the news in a post on Twitter, with no mention made of its 2019 car or its launch plans.
[Image: Dyf-BmmWoAUOdMs.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I always had a feeling they'd try and evoke the JPS Lotus livery, I guess we'll see soon. The other thing that'll be interesting will be to see how much money Rich Energy actually have. The energy drink side of their company isn't so big, but the body building supplement stuff is HUGE by all accounts. Also want to see what Williams look like... I'm expecting to see their title sponsor revealed to be "your add here".
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Whyte Bikes Win Legal Battle Against Haas F1 Team's Title Sponsor Rich Energy

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whyte-bike...nergy.html

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"I do not accept either Mr Storey or Mr Kelly as credible or reliable witnesses and I treat all of their evidence with a high degree of caution.

"I am satisfied on the balance of probabilities that both Mr Kelly and Mr Storey have lied about not being familiar with [Whyte’s logo]. I find it more likely than not that they were familiar with it, and that they directly and knowingly copied [it].”

The result is that Rich Energy’s logo has been found to infringe the copyright in the Whyte logo, entitling ATB to an injunction, which could include the removal of the logo on the F1 team car, and damages, or an account of Rich Energy’s profits. Rich Energy are entitled to appeal, with matters being adjourned until a hearing on June 27.

^^^ Clucking bell    Rolleyes

I honestly thought the logos were the same when I first saw Rich energy, and yes I was aware of Whyte bikes way before I'd heard of Rich Energy. I've actually owned one of their mountain bikes and bought the missus one of their Strawberry Hill town bikes a few years back. Cracking little British company and honestly one of the best downhill bikes I've ever owned. Pleased the case has been settled.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Formula 1 team boss Gene Haas has admitted his frustration at the significant role played by tyre management in 2019, saying his team is having to "play games with a thermometer".

The team has struggled all season to stay in the optimum tyre operating window in races, having often showed promise in qualifying.

But warmer conditions and the nature of the Barcelona track contributed to an improved performance in Spain, where Kevin Magnussen finished seventh and best of the rest, and Romain Grosjean was 10th.

“I think we had a miserable start to the season,” Haas told Motorsport.com. “We qualified really well, so it says that we can do one or two laps quick. But then we lose tyre temperature, and when you lose tyre temperature, the cars sometimes just go away.

“It was warmer today, and we didn’t have that problem, but even with Grosjean on the restart, his tyres were a little bit cooler, but a couple of laps later he was back up to speed. It’s very critical to keep on top of the tyres.

“It seems like it’s just luck if you get the tyre in that right temperature zone. It would be nice if Pirelli could make it so it wasn’t so sensitive to that. We’re playing games with a thermometer, not racing cars.”

I kinda agree with him. Yes, it's the same for everyone, but the smaller teams just don't have the resources at the track to solve the issue on the fly. Wider temperature operating windows on the tyres would be great. The trouble with that is that it's an integral part of the degradation curve the FIA have asked for. There is a causal relationship between the two things. I guess it comes down to what F1 wants to be, for me tyre management has always been part of F1, but I do feel it has swing far too much towards that in recent years.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yep, Toto also said something along the lines of "With these tyres its similar to walking a tightrope, but that rope is now the same diameter as a thread, its a knife edge...a very sharp knife" and "We spend more time than ever fixated on trying to keep to the operating window, its a full time job"

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Steiner: Some stewards not up to being stewards after Gasly penalty.

Haas team principal Gunther Steiner believes some FIA Formula 1 stewards "are just not up to being stewards" and feels like a "broken record" talking about inconsistent decision-making.

Steiner was irritated by the Monaco Grand Prix stewards' decision to hand Pierre Gasly a three-place grid penalty and a licence penalty point for impeding Haas driver Romain Grosjean during qualifying.

He believes it was wrong for Grosjean to have received the same punishment in Bahrain - where Lando Norris, the driver he impeded, suffered no consequences - as Gasly did in Monaco for costing Grosjean a final chance to get into the top-10 shootout.

Asked by Autosport if he would raise his concern, Steiner said: "There's no point in raising it because nobody does anything about it anyway.

"What can you do? How many times do I have to say it? It's like a broken record.
"Some of the stewards are just not up to being stewards.

"I cannot raise it more because after a while... I just say it like it is.

"I'm not going to spend more time writing letters to people anymore."

Asked if he wanted circumstances to be considered more, Steiner replied: "Some of the stewards should read the rulebooks.