Williams

(21-08-2020, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  WILLIAMS RACING IS ACQUIRED BY DORILTON CAPITAL

https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/08/...on-capital

Great news that another iconic team is safe financially. I can't see the current management surviving a a venture capital buyout though. Got to be the end for Claire Williams I would have thought?
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Lets hope that they are now safe & hopefully move up the grid.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(21-08-2020, 10:03 AM)morini Wrote:  
(21-08-2020, 09:49 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  WILLIAMS RACING IS ACQUIRED BY DORILTON CAPITAL

https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/08/...on-capital

Great news that another iconic team is safe financially. I can't see the current management surviving a a venture capital buyout though. Got to be the end for Claire Williams I would have thought?

I agree about Claire (I think we all do), but seriously doubt if with this deal she is out of the picture. 

Glad to see Williams as a team has a future in F1, but on the other hand it is not Williams anymore. Would not care if the name would change (nothing is forever, which is a good thing if you ask me). But that is me.

(23-08-2020, 06:40 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I agree about Claire (I think we all do), but seriously doubt if with this deal she is out of the picture. 

Glad to see Williams as a team has a future in F1, but on the other hand it is not Williams anymore. Would not care if the name would change (nothing is forever, which is a good thing if you ask me). But that is me.

American venture capitalists tend to be pretty cut throat, there will be changes I think. I've first hand experience in that department!

Regarding the team and the name I hope it stays as Williams (the location and team members are the same). Would be a shame to lose such an iconic name.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

If it’s in the current bun well it’s totally legit!

That said some secrecy (wonder why) but I can only see the future minus Claire Williams and Sadly Frank Williams! Any bets on who the actual owners are? Mines on Toto and Lance  Big Grin with 2020 brake ducts already in the post

Claire Williams to step down at F1 team after Italian GP.  (SKY F1)

Claire Williams will step down from her deputy team principal role at the team following this weekend's Italian GP
The move comes a fortnight after the historic family-run outfit was sold to US investment firm, Dorilton Capital.

Sir Frank Williams, the team's founder, has remained as team principal but Claire, his daughter, has been in day-to-day control since 2013.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-09-2020, 12:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Claire Williams to step down at F1 team after Italian GP.  (SKY F1)

Sorry Claire but you f*cking off is looooooong overdue.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(03-09-2020, 12:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Claire Williams to step down at F1 team after Italian GP.  (SKY F1)

Much as I like her, she's not her dad. We all saw this coming.

I wish her well in whatever she does next.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Claire Williams will step down from her deputy team principal role at the team following this weekend's Italian GP
The move comes a fortnight after the historic family-run outfit was sold to US investment firm, Dorilton Capital.

Sir Frank Williams, the team's founder, has remained as team principal but Claire, his daughter, has been in day-to-day control since 2013.

about time really, as much as we’d like a Williams in the paddock, she really has gone backwards with the team imho. I hope there is a Williams presence though.
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

Who is taking charge?

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post