Mercedes

I hope he remains hands on. One of the very best amongst a pool of brilliant engineering people involved in F1 (right across the teams).
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(09-04-2021, 02:55 PM)morini Wrote:  I hope he remains hands on. One of the very best amongst a pool of brilliant engineering people involved in F1 (right across the teams).

My take is this position is only a halfway house until he slips into Toto`s Birkenstock`s

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(09-04-2021, 04:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  My take is this position is only a halfway house until he slips into Toto`s Birkenstock`s

Hmmm...., ok. I get how you are thinking, but I'd hope Mercedes F1 team had more sense than to take that route. A great engineer does not, by default, make a great Team Principal. In fact, I would go as far as to say the reason Mercedes have been so successful over the last 7 years has a lot to do with the fact that Toto Wolff is a great people manager / businessman / politician and not a high flying engineer.

Promoting JA to Team Principal will be a big mistake (just as Ferrari promoting Binotto was). I can't see it myself, they are too savvy as a team.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says that technical director James Allison informed him that he doesn't want to one day move into the team principal role at the Brackley outfit.

With Mercs form for saying one thing and doing another JA is a sure thing for the number Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Lewis testing the 18" rubber today

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Never going to be a fan. Doesn't look right to me and never will.

(20-04-2021, 12:28 PM)morini Wrote:  Never going to be a fan. Doesn't look right to me and never will.

Originally I was of the same opinion but must admit the look has grown on be......slightly.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Looking good, but it will make the cars slower. So hard to like.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

I've liked them since I first saw them, like marmite I suppose, recon they will have to watch the kerb's though.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-04-2021, 06:57 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Looking good

(20-04-2021, 08:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I've liked them since I first saw them

Lol. I guess it takes all sorts!

For me they looked instantly "wrong" when they put them on the F2 cars last year and they don't look any better on the F1 cars.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post