Has the silly season started?

Driver line ups are always fun to envision so today I read in one report than Ocon may be moving to Renault and Stroll moving to Force India and in another that Sainz will be driving for Renault next season. Contradictory much?

As for Ocon I do not see a Mercedes driver being part of Renault and if I am Force India I dont want Stroll in my team unless of course its money talking again. (possible I guess)

I do not think we need to debate Danny Ricciardo anymore its pretty clear he is staying at Red Bull, the only was I see that changing is if Hamilton suddenly decides he is not signing with Mercedes.

The Raikkonen/Leclerc talk is interesting. I just wonder if Kimi continues his recent form if Ferrari may give both another year where they are. I do not think that will be the case but its pure guesswork on my behalf.

I have no idea why Hamilton's deal is taking so long, every few weeks it seems we hear he will sign next GP, well his home GP come and went no signing. I wonder if Ferrari.....

Does Kubica have a shot at a 2019 drive?

The two British teams are in free fall and with the exception of Alonso none are performing well. Williams I will cut the drivers a little slack because that car is embarrassing. (I would love to see it in a GP 2 Race!!!). I am a admirer of Alonso (Probably the most vociferous driver on the grid) but Vandoorne is a big disappointment considering the great and high hopes McLaren had. I wonder with McLarens decision not to be in the Indy car series next year if that means Alonso will stay with the team?

The rumours I am sure will intensify after every race from now onwards, its fun to think about the future, maybe there should be a competition on here and everyone name all the teams drivers for 2019 and lets see who wins... just a thought!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Interesting indeed Neil, I wonder if Ferrari will hire LeClerc a don’t buy this it maybe too early, I’m at pains but just highlight Lewis he came straight in and performed so in them terms I think Charles is ready, DR and Lewis that is a mystery but I think DR has either let it get the better of him or he (I’ve always maintained in my mind) lacks consistency. Has Valtteri signed an extension yet?
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Typical, cant find the link now, I did read online so its bound to be true, (smirks) that Lewis and Valtteri's new contract are going to be announced at the German GP, also read some articles that Renault want a French driver, if you were Ocon would you rather drive for Renault or Mercedes? me to, would be more than surprised if stroll went to Force India though it would be interesting watching him battered by a decent team mate, silly season is fun this year.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well once Merc are concluded that’s Daniel at RB just a case of Ferrari announcing partner to Seb, interesting who goes where at Renault

I don't think Lewis would have said what he said on the British GP podium if there was any sniff of a Ferrari contract. Adrenaline fuelled or not. He will have turned the entire country of Italy against him and no number of instaspam apologies will mend that bridge.

Stroll to Force India seems an odd move. It might help the SFI bank balance, but certainly not the results. I'd worry what that would mean for Williams. They can perhaps weather the storm of having a shit heap of a car for a season or two (god forbid), but can they do without Bombardier money as well? Hmm.

Sauber aren't a back marker any more, maybe they do the old switcharoo and get Leclerc into Ferrari as tomorrows shining star and Raikonnen to Sauber to help develop a team that could be regularly challenging for the second-tier championship. Just like how Schumacher did with Mercedes

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Stroll to Force India is bizarre, for two reasons:

1) Both Ocon and Perez bring significantly more more to Force India than Stroll does to Williams.
2) Perez is a seasoned pro and Ocon one of the best young talents on the grid showing up Perez... and Stroll? Stroll is shyte.

Can't see it.

Can I see Ocon to Renault? Maybe. The season Mercedes plonker Perez into Force India, rumours were Renault tried really hard to sign him / persuade Mercedes to loan him. Prost is a big fan, so I can see Ocon to Renault as a possibility... especially as there are rumours Hulkenberg to Williams of all places is something I heard recently, and instantly dismissed.

There is one spanner in the works to all this, and that is the fact that Mercedes want to slot George Russell into a seat somewhere. Most likely Force India or Williams as they will have leverage with the Mercedes powered teams. I have heard a mental rumour that Force India might carry the Daimler name and become a Mercedes B team, and that maybe Perez will be moved aside, in favour of a Russell / Ocon pairing. My gut though is that FI will retain Ocon / Perez and that Williams will drop either Stroll or Sirotkin for Russell and free engines / a lump of money / Haas style technical partnership, or some combination of the three.

Hearing Grosjean is gone next year, from a pretty reliable source. Hearing the prang at Silverstone was the final straw for Haas, as they blamed Grosjean, and so do I. They've opened contract renewal talks with Magnussen, he confirmed as much after the race in the Danish press, so who do they partner with him? Rumours are maybe Leclerc. Give him a season at a slightly better team before his step up to Ferrari... or an American driver as aparantely Haas want a tank on the grid, as do Liberty Media...

There's scope for some quite big changes, but here are my predictions:

Ferrari = Vettel & Leclerc
Red Bull = Verstappen & Ricciardo
Mercedes = Hamilton & Bottas
Renault = Hulkenberg & Sainz
Haas = Magnussen & ???
Sauber = Giovinazzi & Ericsson (yes I think he'll survive another season)
Force India = Ocon & Perez
Williams = Russell & Sirotkin
Toro Rosso = Gasly & Ticktum
McLaren = Vandorne & Norris

I'll come back in and fill in the Haas teams second driver when I've hear some more.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Good job always hard to lead off Jody!

My choices will be:

Ferrari - Vettel & Leclerc
Red Bull - Verstappen & Ricciardo
Mercedes - Hamilton & Bottas
Renault - Hulkenberg & Sainz
Haas - Magnussen & Ferrucci
Sauber - Ericsson & Giovinazzi
Force India - Ocon & Perez
Williams - Stroll & Russell
Toro Rosso - Gasly & Gelael
McLaren - Alonso & Markelov

Some longer shots in there I am sure, I agree with Jody I think Ericsson will keep his place simply because of his team experience, I do wonder whether Pascal Wehrlein stands any chance but I dont see a Mercedes driver in basically a Ferrari team. The only other long shot I see at Sauber would be Danil Kvyat.

NeilP would that be Santino Ferrucci to Haas? The same Santino Ferrucci whose just picked up a month F2 ban and is about to be dropped by Haas? Brave prediction!!! lol. Hearing his whole wanting a Trump slogan on his car, and his deliberately crashing into his team mate, and constant outbursts tinged with his arrogance (and complete lack of delivery) have worn thin. Hearing he'll lose his F2 drive if Haas drop him.

For more information on how Ferrucci has blown his career up before it has started:

https://www.google.se/amp/amp.timeinc.ne...source=dam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3yWoPCxl3k

Santino Ferrucci loses his head.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(12-07-2018, 08:56 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3yWoPCxl3k

Santino Ferrucci loses his head.

Kids a bellend