Boullier gone

I have to say I'm not surprised, and I'm not exactly sad to see him go. But, if it doesn't pick up soon, it'll be Zak Browns neck on the chopping board:

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-...structure/
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Perhaps, but isnt his main job marketing or something, to bring the sponsors? Which at the start of this year, he was doing. If the rumours of him diverting resources are true, then yes, he could be gone soon if there's no re-scheduling. Otherwise, I think the new structure is for the reg change in couple of years, they maybe could do with a recruitment drive in good time.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Zak Brown has tried distancing himself from everything that goes wrong at McLaren, yet he's the big boss. The changes in resource scheduling are on his watch. The new management structure and needing permission and sign off in triplicate to go to take a piss have happened on his watch. Sorry, but when all these disastrous decisions happen on your watch, you are to blame when you're the damn CEO signing all of this off. Don't get me wrong, McLaren have been in a mess since Spygate, and the Arabs deciding to muscle in to "protect" their investment. What they actually did was install a puppet in the shape of Whitmarsh, sideline the real talent and used their proxies to run McLaren into the ground. What we see now is partly the reaping on the seed sowing, but also the distinct lack of real leadership from Zak Brown. I would think getting Boullier to fall on his sword (hearing he already has another job lined up elsewhere) has given Zak Brown at least the rest of this season and the start of the next to turn turn the ship around, although by now I'm convinced it is sinking-
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

More importantly who is taking the helm??
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(04-07-2018, 12:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  More importantly who is taking the helm??

Honestly, from that press release, they seem to be placing the mantle on De Ferran, but when looked at as a structure it's Zak Brown with yet more control... so he's given himself just enough rope to hang himself.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I think this is first of many apples to fall from the tree. This team is light years away from winning or even competing for a race win. I think if I was in charge the first thing I would do is go and kiss Dieter Zetsche and beg to have a Mercedes engine in the car again. (and Yes I KNOW it will not happen!)

So gutted to see two famous British racing teams be so poor right now.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post