Mad Max

Back to Max Verstappen, just came across this interesting "news":
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/1885/...erstappen/

Seems Mercedes is very interested in Verstappen and it would not suprise me if they try to make Verstappen the new Hamilton at Mercedes after Verstappen his current contract (Mercedes tried to get him before he was in F1).
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Jos quite frankly has always been a bit of a twat. Never liked him. Always thought he sounded like a twat in interviews, and I like LotusLover have always thought his handling of himself and his discussions with the press has been piss poor.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(06-07-2018, 03:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Jos quite frankly has always been a bit of a twat. Never liked him.

I don't remember him ever doing anything stunning in an F1 car either. On the track, at least Smile The pit lane fire was spectacular! And a credit to Sid that it didn't result in a life changing event.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...n-and-more

Should Max Verstappen change his style?

Button's a fan.

"I think he should never change the way he is," he insisted. "I love watching Max."

+1      Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-07-2018, 08:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "I think he should never change the way he is," he insisted. "I love watching Max."

That move round the outside of Kimi was fantastic, think he needs to dial back on the `move as many times as you like` while defending but other than that I want to see him continue what he`s doing Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(08-07-2018, 08:45 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...n-and-more

Should Max Verstappen change his style?

Button's a fan.

"I think he should never change the way he is," he insisted. "I love watching Max."

+1      Cool

+2

When he develops he will be unbeatable (in my worthless opinion, obviously). Dubious defending tactics aside he has all the tools and he's a treat to watch on the track. I was distracted by events up front today, but I thought Dan was a bit quiet this weekend. Contract renewal worrying him you think?

On that subject. why no announcement about a Hamilton renewal at Mercedes? Surely Silverstone would be the ideal time to announce?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I eat to many flapjacks lol, I'm sure but I cant remember where I read it, that he has signed & it will be announced in Germany, will have a fiddle online & see if I can find it bud, 100% agree with you & Forza about Max also.

Edit.
"Mercedes are set to offer Lewis Hamilton a deal worth £250m over the next five years. It would be a two-year extension to the new three-year, £130m deal that will be announced at the German Grand Prix. (Express)"

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Was thinking same thing mate, I thought a lot of extensions renewals were tied in by now well makes it all a bit tense and am sure Sky Sports will pull something out of their arse!!! MV is great to watch you know he is going to go for it somewhere you just don’t know how it’s going to end!!! I thought he was a dirty guy today pushing Kimi right off maybe a bit of Karma, Kimis body language was a bit down today I think he probably thinks I’ve still got something left in me but they don’t want me anymore

(08-07-2018, 09:00 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I eat to many flapjacks lol, I'm sure but I cant remember where I read it, that he has signed & it will be announced in Germany, will have a fiddle online & see if I can find it bud.

Fair do's. You might be right. Just thought they would want to do it at the home GP.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Moved some drunken off topic ramblings from last night to the mad house section. they're in the "British GP off topic ramblings" thread in cuckoo's nest.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post