Mad Max

Verstappen wins Autosport’s International Racing Driver of the Year Award, Autosport readers have voted Verstappen the best racing driver of 2021, ahead of main rival Hamilton, IndyCar champion Alex Palou and Formula E title winner Nyck de Vries

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/versta...d/7937857/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I cant believe the above post never got a single bite.......must be losing my touch  Huh

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(09-02-2022, 09:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I cant believe the above post never got a single bite.......must be losing my touch  Huh

Probably because you never had the touch to start with!!!!

My driver of the year would be Michael Masi he managed to win the WDC only racing one lap all season!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Max Verstappen has agreed a new multi-year deal with Red Bull.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...h-red-bull

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Sky F1: Formula 1 world champion Max Verstappen has signed a new Red Bull contract until 2028.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Fantastic for Red Bull, not so sure its good for Max, I also feel Lando should also have left himself more options, time will tell though.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Helmut Marko has put forward his perfect team-mate for Max Verstappen but it’s going to take two drivers to fill the role.

But there is a glimmer of hope for the current incumbent with Sergio Perez one half of Marko’s wish list. Nico Hulkenberg is the other.

I am lost for words...     Nothingtosay

Well lets call it what it is RBR are not looking for a potential WDC driver they are looking at someone who cannot challenge Verstappen. I bet he has that in his contract. That said I like Hulkenberg. I always have. He is a very talented driver. Not WDC calibre but certainly in the second tier given the car.
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

So I've said this before and I'll say it again.

RBR don't produce 2 cars that can perform at the same level. Yes Max accounts for some of the difference but I refuse to think that Sergio is so bad that he is so far behind Max in a race.... I think if anything this Spa GP has highlighted that they don't get equal equipment. Not in the same way that Merc were able to provide Lewis and Nico or Lewis and Bottas... and now... well... who cares about the Merc now being equal... it's equally dismal and I believe their problems are being masked to some extent by their drivers.....which is why you have Lewis moaning that it's just not good enough. Anyone else in that Merc and at best they are getting George's results not Lewis'.

I think Hulk would be very similar to Checo, initially very competitive when he gets the car under him but after a while realising that he's farting against thunder if he truly thinks the team will allow him to legitimately challenge Max.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

Agree lads.    Thumbsup