Kimi Raikkonen

There is only one Kimi. His driving obviously isn't what it once was, but I'm really pleased he wants to stick around. There is nobody more entertaining out of the car, love his dry sense of humour.

I notice George, Lando and Alex also seem to have great "out of the car" on camera personas. Obviously they are not under any real competitive pressure like the WDC contenders, but I'd like to hope they will remain nice guys even when they do get in top cars. Good banter between those three.
[+] 6 users Like morini's post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1167115281191198720

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Raikkonen involved in scuffle with drunk fan at Spa

Kimi Raikkonen's eventful Belgian Grand Prix was marred by a brief scuffle with a drunk fan on Friday.
A fan page on Twitter revealed details and a photo of the moment which shows a man dressed in Red Bull gear appearing to shout at the Finn, who had to push him away at one point.
It is even reported former Formula 1 driver Mika Salo had to step in at one stage although that was unconfirmed.
"He was a bit drunk," Raikkonen admitted to Holland's Ziggo Sport shortly afterwards.
"He started waving his hands in front of me and started hitting my glasses. I thought 'what the f--- is he doing'... He was a bit tipsy toe. I have no idea what he was doing."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

I have to be honest and say over the last few years going to F1 races there has been a different... erm... caliber of fan going to events. There appears to be a brand of football hooligan type fan going, I first started noticing the slow creep of those sorts around 7 to 8 tears ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1205813283162378241

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Kimi Raikkonen put it best – Alfa Romeo are just too “f***ing slow” right now.   Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

This implies Kimi is going to extend at Alfa. I'm a bit disappointed TBH.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raikk...eo/4887401

I know from the teams perspective he is an experienced guy to steer car development, but I don't really see what he gets out of it? He must really like driving these cars to be schlepping around at the back in the twilight of his career. He already has way more money than he can spend so it can't be financially driven can it? Time to go IMO. Put two F2 drivers in there (combine two out of Schumacher / Illot / Schwarzman) as we are at the tail end of a car regulation / development cycle anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Some of the dodgy sites saying Mick has agreed terms (Kimi is staying as a mentor) and will announce very soon.

(08-10-2020, 10:13 AM)morini Wrote:  This implies Kimi is going to extend at Alfa. I'm a bit disappointed TBH.
(08-10-2020, 11:21 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Some of the dodgy sites saying Mick has agreed terms (Kimi is staying as a mentor) and will announce very soon.

I see what you mean about signing the younger drivers M, though from a Ferrari point of view, who I'm guessing are pulling the strings, its perfect for them bringing Mick through isn't it, "if" I made the decision I'd put in Illot & Aitken but then I'm Brit biased. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-10-2020, 12:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I see what you mean about signing the younger drivers M, though from a Ferrari point of view, who I'm guessing are pulling the strings, its perfect for them bringing Mick through isn't it, "if" I made the decision I'd put in Illot & Aitken but then I'm Brit biased. Wink

Yeah, I can see why Kimi would make a good "mentor". But in all honesty he has had his day now. There are other options of putting a more experienced driver (e.g. Checo Perez) in the second seat. Kimi is a great bloke but I don't think he gives it 100% these days.

There are better ways to go IMO.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post