Ferrari

Don’t you think though these days with cameras and media everywhere cars that may have fitted something(legal) that the others get to see it pretty quickly? I suppose it applies to everyone in fairness but for me there is too much media everywhere!!! I know the more technical sided fans love it but the teams probably don’t lol
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

http://www.skysports.com/share/11491720

This is what I like about Seb he is very honest about his faults
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

(13-09-2018, 04:21 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  This is what I like about Seb he is very honest about his faults

Absolutely, couldn't agree more, not many other drivers would own up to their mistakes. For all of his driving faults, I think the one thing you can say about him, is hes straight down the line with his emotions and honesty.
[+] 3 users Like F1 Fan's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...r/3176610/

Ferrari Formula 1 team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says "the door of Maranello is always open" for seven-time champion Michael Schumacher's son Mick.

The junior Schumacher currently lies second behind Dan Ticktum in the FIA F3 Championship, having won six races with Prema, including all three at the last event at the Nurburgring.

The family connections have long made Schumacher an obvious candidate for Ferrari’s Young Driver Academy, although thus far he had remained independent, with no direct links to any F1 teams.

Arrivabene stressed that it was crucial not to put Schumacher under undue pressure at this stage of his career.

“Concerning Mick Schumacher I think the most important thing is to let him grow, without giving pressure,” he said. “The recent results are very, very good, and I wish to him a great career.

"With a name like this, that wrote historical pages of Ferrari history, the door of Maranello is always open, of course. But without burning the step.

“That is a family decision, I mean a Schumacher family decision.

"But let the guys have fun. I always repeat this – be focussed, concentrated, but in the meantime have fun, and to grow slowly, but certainly, and then we’ll see about the future.

"How can you can say ‘no’ at Maranello to a name like this?”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(14-09-2018, 01:27 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "How can you can say ‘no’ at Maranello to a name like this?”

If he's not up to the standard? F1 is ruthless, no way will Ferrari or any other team take someone based on their surname if there are others in the frame who are better.

And before anyone even hints at this being an "incendiary post", I'm not saying he isn't good enough but he hasn't really proved he is worthy (yet).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

He will go to F2 first see how he gets on there he is only 3 points behind Ticktum in F3
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

A whole ton of pressure on the guy, more than most because of his father. I wish him well, I think he will probably make it into F1 one day!

(14-09-2018, 08:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  A whole ton of pressure on the guy, more than most because of his father. I wish him well, I think he will probably make it into F1 one day!

I don't see it that way Neil - yeah to the casual outsider, perhaps, but we've seen it many times before, Villuneuve, Hill, Rosberg, in terms of F1. and they all handled the stigma of being the son of a famous driver pretty well - but Buttons father was also a racer in a different category, as have many others been, sure Schumacher is a legendary name in F1 - but I don't think "Mick" looks at it that way

He's only out to prove what he can do, and not on the coat tails of his father, but like you wish him all the best Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(14-09-2018, 08:48 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  He's only out to prove what he can do, and not on the coat tails of his father, but like you wish him all the best Smile

I wish him all the best too (not sure if you were being genuine there or your usual cantankerous shit stirring old self Wink ). All I was trying to say is there’s a wealth of talent out there now. Much more so than when Micks dad was coming into F1, for sure. There is no guarantee he will ever make it into the top tier with the calibre of young drivers coming through.
His uncle did though and he was no great shakes (to be fair).

(14-09-2018, 10:07 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-09-2018, 08:48 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  He's only out to prove what he can do, and not on the coat tails of his father, but like you wish him all the best Smile

I wish him all the best too (not sure if you were being genuine there or your usual cantankerous shit stirring old self Wink ).

Not at all Bud, had to look back on you're comment, I was just replying to Neil, - I'm not saying his name won't or doesn't open doors, much like. . . . dare I say it, Lance Stroll, had some opportunities opened to him, that many others wouldn't have.

That said, the golden rule in racing, which I don't think anyone can disagree with is - "the stopwatch never lies"

If Mick, isn't quick enough, he won't make it Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post