Ferrari

Morini no you are right, TC is banned, and all three main engine manufacturers have had to modify or remove engine maps that 'might' have been considered usable for TC. So I doubt Ferrari have done that. It'd be daft and easy to spot / prove.

I've still heard nothing about the two weird sounds I've now heard at Hungary and Spa in person. The sort of blown diffuser metallic rattle we used to hear, but also the rather loud sounding turbo fan whine during slow corners.

No similar sounds coming from the Merc, Renault or Honda PU's on the grid. I'll be super interested to see what you think when you hear it in the flesh at Suzuka Morini.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-09-2018, 07:45 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  'll be super interested to see what you think when you hear it in the flesh at Suzuka Morini.

I will be listening intently! Unless I pass out with the excitement of it all Wink
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

So much for the Ferrari International Assistance...

Ferrari has been told by the FIA it must stop using its camera cooling bags, following a wave of intrigue about what was behind the team’s tactic.
For several races now, Ferrari had been spotted with the small bag of dry ice fitted over its camera while the car was in the pits before a run, and also when on the grid.

Ferrari claimed that it was doing so to keep the camera electronics cool, but other teams believed the real motive was to cover the television lens so rivals could not see its steering wheel or other car settings.
F1 race director Charlie Whiting has looked into the matter and, following some unease from FOM about how its cameras were being treated, Ferrari was informed before the race in Italy last weekend to cease its behaviour.
The move did not stop Ferrari from continuing to close off the view of the camera, though with it opting to use an umbrella to block the view on the grid at Monza.
A spokesman for the FIA confirmed the governing body had acted, and said it would continue to monitor any concerns there may be about internal car electronic temperatures.

“We did ask Ferrari to stop using these ice packs,” said the spokesman. “The main reason was that FOM were not happy with them doing it. The issue is one of internal ECU temperature which the FIA will continue to monitor with FOM.”
The FIA added that theories that Ferrari was trying to hide settings that could be outside the regulations were also wide of the mark.
“It [the camera bag] prevented television seeing the dashboard, which inevitably led to several conspiracy theories, but the reality is that the FIA know everything we need to know about the dashboard software and it is entirely legal.”

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

If they know then why remove them?
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(07-09-2018, 01:27 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  If they know then why remove them?

To stop the crying from other quarters  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

So petty, swings and roundabouts though I suppose

When Mercedes did the same in 2015, but not with cooling bags, but something else, they were told to do the same. Teams were convinced they had a launch control system, which was proven false. However, it is clear under the FOM agreement that the cameras must not be obstructed during live feeds. It is quite clear, I know RBR have also fallen foul of this.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...e/3175763/

Haha, Brilliant!   Winkblink

New Ferrari device prompts fresh camera intrigue

Ferrari appears not to have given up in its attempts to block its on board camera from capturing car settings, despite being told by the FIA to stop using a cooling bag.

The Maranello-based team caused intrigue in recent races when it started putting a bag filled with dry ice over the camera when the car was in the garage or on the grid.

While the team claimed the move was in a bid to cool car and camera electronics, rival teams suspected that an ulterior motive was to prevent the onboard camera from filming car settings – either on the steering wheel or at the back of the car.
Rival teams have access to the onboard cameras from all cars, and there are competitive advantages to be had if the opposition knows what Ferrari is up to.

With FOM not happy about Ferrari cooling its camera equipment, the FIA notified Ferrari ahead of the Italian Grand Prix that it should stop using the cooling bag with immediate effect.

Ferrari was duly spotted on the grid at Monza using an umbrella to try to block the camera view.
Ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix, Ferrari has been spotted with a newly-designed airbox cooler which features several appendages that also appear to block the camera view.

While the team will likely argue that the device acts in the same way that other teams' airbox coolers do, it is almost certainly no coincidence that it is shaped in such a way that the camera's view of the steering wheel appears to be shut off when it is fitted.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

This is such a none story to me, why should other teams get insight to what is going on. The camera should be for TV viewing and if a team gets something off of it so be it. I dont blame Ferrari one bit for what they are doing.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

The issue is NeilP it's actually in the teams contracts to not block these cameras at any point during a session. Other teams have fallen foul of this in the past. I don't know how punchy the FIA will want to get with Ferrari over this one, but doing this straight after been given a direct cease and desist order is due to test the FIAs resolve.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post