Red Bull choose Honda

All this "best Chassis" thing is bollocks to a large degree. It's more how everything, including the engine and drive chain is all integrated into one package, and how they work together. You could argue Ferrari have the best Chassis, and their engine is very well integrated into their concept, ditto Mercedes, even though they're quite different. It's how it all fits together that counts and how the teams exploit and understand their relative cars / packages. So far it seems to me the Mercedes have the best understanding of their car, and are in a position to exploit it's potential the best. I don't think the Red Bull concept suits it's engine, maybe now they have an engine manufacturer who'll work with them towards their design goals it'll get better, but for me they'll need a lot of work. They're way behind where Ferrari and specifically Mercedes are. Singapore isn't the barrometor they should be looking at. Suzuka and CotA will give a fairer picture.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda...s/3183550/

Honda's motorsport boss wants to see the manufacturer implement experimental Formula 1 engine parts over this season's remaining grand prix weekends, in preparation for 2019.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

To be honest with you Papa I'm really surprised we haven't seen more engine testing already. Once Red Bull made the decision to take Honda PUs I expected a flurry of experimental parts and upgraded being tried out.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Agree, maybe their just isnt the time scale and budget to of pushed anything worth while. They have introduced the new spec this weekend in Sochi, be interesting to see if any numbers get leaked.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

So far this weekend I think that Honda PU looks like it is performing pretty damn well, and they've clearly not turned it up. I think Honda might finally be starting to deliver:^

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139020...grade-step
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Hesh Edited: All drivers posts moved to https://www.f1banter.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=371
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b...l/3208738/

Red Bull has been given a boost in its hopes of progress with Honda in 2019, with fuel supplier ExxonMobil saying it is in a better position than it has been for years.

Honda’s promising development path this season has lifted Red Bull’s optimism that it can target strong results from the off.
And ahead of a crunch winter where Honda needs to finalise its 2019 specification, fuel partner ExxonMobil has revealed that it is much further ahead with its planning than it was at this stage last year.

With the current turbo hybrid formula putting the onus on fuel supplier and manufacturers working together, such a step could play a part in helping push the Japanese manufacturer on further.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...9/3210414/

Max Verstappen insists Red Bull is "not lying" when it declares Honda is ready to put the team into Formula 1 world championship contention in 2019.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko recently declared he was so confident in the team's new engine supplier that he saw no reason why Verstappen could not become F1's youngest ever world champion as soon as next year.
That was despite Honda having so far failed to reach the podium with McLaren or Toro Rosso during the first four years of its F1 return.

But Verstappen is adamant Red Bull has the data to prove that Honda will be that big a step forward over his team's current engine partner Renault.

"It also shows in the numbers," he replied when asked by Motorsport.com about Marko's comments. "We're not lying or just putting something in the world which isn't true.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda...t/3213034/

Honda has revealed plans to ramp up the development of its Formula 1 turbo, having agreed a technology partnership with Japanese industrial company IHI.

Ahead of Honda’s tie-up with Red Bull for 2019, the car manufacturer is pushing as hard as it can to make the gains that it needs if it wants to win races.

Now, having worked with IHI since it returned to F1 in 2015, it has agreed a proper technology partnership to accelerate improvements.
Katsuhide Moriyama, chief officer of brand and communications at Honda, said: “We expect this partnership to produce a notable step up in performance. Together, we will keep pushing to fight for wins.”

IHI is one of the class leaders in rotating machinery technology, which it has developed through its shipbuilding and steam turbine business.

The deal will last for two years and the first parts from the new co-operation will arrive as part of Honda’s 2019 power unit.

Yoshinori Kawasaki, from IHI said: “Through this new technical partnership, our aim is for the Honda PU to deliver the best possible performance, by accelerating development of the turbocharger.

“We hope that as from the 2019 season, Honda’s power unit, using the IHI turbocharger, will deliver the sort of performance that thrilled motor sport fans back in the 80s and 90s.”

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Oh I do hope so I want to see s new WDC and WCC and am not fussy who does it Smile
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post