I wish we could see more of these...

I watched an interview this morning with Ted Kravitz (Is he related to Hamilton because everyone seems to either love him or hate him!) and Sebastian Vettel and a lot of it was off topic but I so like to see and hear about these guys lives off the track and I wish there were more interviews like this to watch.

I have always found Sebastian Vettel to be a very interesting and humorous person (Seagulls in Canada comes to mind!) but in these forums you really get to see more about who they are and often it is surprising.  I understand many of you hardened and dedicated F1 lovers may have zero interest but when looking at the wider context of trying to promote the sport I feel more of these interviews instead of the usual diet of over analyzing things would surely enhance more peoples interest.

On Vettel himself I get a sense of a really well organized and genuinely nice guy who when on track takes on a whole new persona as many probably do. To see him interviewed (and not just this one) its hard to draw comparisons between Vettel the man and Vettel the driver, so laid back in real life and yet on track he can be totally crazy (Hamilton in Baku comes to mind).

I come away from watching that and liking him a lot more which is not too difficult even for a Hamilton fan like me.  Well to be honest I am an older person I really dont hate many people in my life I find I have no room for it and certainly not people I have never met, likely will never meet and certainly know nothing about. That is why I am a big fan of these types of interviews it gives you more insight to the person, more things to connect with and more understanding of them.

To those who have any interest here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...+interview
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Yes Neil, I too enjoy watching these type interviews/short documentaries, unfortunately we dont get enough insight into the drivers outside of the track, I understand some drivers like to keep away from the spotlight (cant really blame them) and some adore it but these type of things I find only have positive results regardless of the team/driver.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

They are nice to watch. I just really prefer their personal not being rammed down our throats. The media believe I want to know ever puss Lewis has crushed, I really don't.

Vettel is great, I have absolutely no idea what he does outside of F1, yet when he turns up to F1 he always has a smile and jokes to be had.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I'm not really interested in any of them as personalities to be fair. They all have major personality flaws and it could never be any other way really in this kind of high pressure sport. Some "appear" more likeable to the media, but it is all a facade and to a man they are all cut from the same selfish cloth. I have always looked past the personas and decide my allegiances on the driving ability. Sportsmanship also goes a long way in my book and I have more respect for any sportsman who can achieve their goals without resorting to cheating or screwing over their competitors.

If you read between the lines of this post it will give some insight into why I rate the likes of Hamilton and Ricciardo where I don't feel much respect for Vettel and Alonso.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post