Are Williams going to become Mercedes II

Sad to see this once great team plummeting down the order in the Formula One world.  So much has been made of the decline of McLaren that Williams have become almost an afterthought.

Ferrari in essence have taken over the Sauber team do we think Mercedes will do the same thing with Williams?  Obviously there already exists a fairly close relationship between the two and personally I cannot see Williams being anything other than aback marker without a serious change in their fortunes both financially and on the race track!

Be interested in your guys opinions...
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(09-06-2018, 07:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Ferrari in essence have taken over the Sauber team do we think Mercedes will do the same thing with Williams?  Obviously there already exists a fairly close relationship between the two and personally I cannot see Williams being anything other than aback marker without a serious change in their fortunes both financially and on the race track!

A lot will depend what planet the delusional Claire Williams is on at the time of asking Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-06-2018, 07:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  A lot will depend what planet the delusional Claire Williams is on at the time of asking Wink

Useless team boss. Still, quite fancy her though Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(09-06-2018, 07:49 PM)morini Wrote:  Useless team boss. Still, quite fancy her though Smile

Ive woken up with worse in my day lol Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well Sauber is fast becoming Ferrari II.

Would Merc choose Williams however, or favour Force India? Thats who I would choose, their capabilities with their limited capacity is amazing. All Merc's younglings are seated at FI.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(10-06-2018, 12:15 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Would Merc choose Williams however, for favour Force India? Thats who I would choose, their capabilities with their limited capacity is amazing. All Merc's younglings are seated at FI.

Agree Hesh. FI have always outperformed their budget whereas Williams are rudderless at the moment.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Williams to get their only win of the season (or any other for the foreseeable future)

Motorcycle racer turned television presenter Guy Martin is to race against Jenson Button in Ayrton Senna’s first-ever Williams for a new Channel 4 show.
Martin is to restore the Williams FW08C chassis in which Keke Rosberg won the 1983 Monaco Grand Prix and which Senna drove for his first Formula 1 test at Donington Park later that summer.
Once the car is complete, Martin will then take part in a race against Button at this year’s British Grand Prix.
Former world champion Button will be driving the six-wheel FW08B that was banned just months before the start of the 1983 campaign.The restoration project and race will be filmed for a new documentary called 'Speed with Guy Martin: Classic F1 Driver', which will be shown on Channel 4 later this year.
Speaking about the project, Martin said: “I feel that I’m in good company behind the wheel of the Williams FW08C.
“It was the first F1 car to be driven by the great Ayrton Senna and it won the 1983 Monaco Grand Prix.
"It’s been a real privilege to work with Williams on bringing this iconic piece of motoring history back to life. Jenson may be a world champion but with a stunning vehicle like this all bets are off.”
Martin is no stranger to F1, having served on the Williams pit crew at last year’s Belgian Grand Prix for a television programme.

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Not sure who beat who Forza, but I posted a link to that as well.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post