STR Helmet cam - Monaco 2018

Hi folks,

You may have already seen but here's a lap of Monaco from Pierre Gasly's helmet cam. Worth a watch :-)

https://youtu.be/eWQfiTCQews

I'm pleasantly surprised how much can be seen in the mirrors these days.

(I'm also praying to god F1 2018 supports VR!!)

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

I can't understand how all the drivers say the halo doesn't affect field of vision. It clearly does! I'd hate to drive a road car with that confined view.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(01-06-2018, 02:06 PM)morini Wrote:  I can't understand how all the drivers say the halo doesn't affect field of vision. It clearly does! I'd hate to drive a road car with that confined view.

It's not as bad as it looks - the camera is a single point of view, in reality our brains are able to look beyond obstructions like that with stereoscopic vision provided by having two eyes! Stick your hand out edgeways-on at arms length and you can quite easily look past it. The same as glasses frames, window frames, venetian blinds (when they're open anyway!!)

Remember it's not all that long ago cars and aircraft had split windscreens...

[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

(01-06-2018, 03:29 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  
(01-06-2018, 02:06 PM)morini Wrote:  I can't understand how all the drivers say the halo doesn't affect field of vision. . . . .

It's not as bad as it looks -  . . . .
Well, he also doesn't understand the genius of Fernando Alonso, or Eddie Jordan, so I'm not really surprised, lol, Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(01-06-2018, 01:19 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Hi folks,

You may have already seen but here's a lap of Monaco from Pierre Gasly's helmet cam. Worth a watch :-)

https://youtu.be/eWQfiTCQews

I'm pleasantly surprised how much can be seen in the mirrors these days.

(I'm also praying to god F1 2018 supports VR!!)

That was really cool, you got a good impression on how bumpy the circuit truly is which the cameras really do not pick up. I wish someone had shoved that Williams off the damn track and we could have watched him go full bore around there!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(04-06-2018, 08:47 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Well, he also doesn't understand the genius of Fernando Alonso, or Eddie Jordan, so I'm not really surprised, lol, Smile

"genius" and "Eddie Jordan"

are three words I never thought I'd see used in the same sentence!  Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post