Come on, let's fix Monaco!

(30-05-2018, 06:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYjQpEO0RM

Good vid too!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Did anyone else note the lack of complicated Aero bits on those carts?

Said it before, but I seem to be in the minority (I still love Monaco as a circuit) 

it's not the track - it's the fecking cars  Angry

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(30-05-2018, 07:16 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  it's not the track - it's the fecking cars  Angry

My god, are you still alive Fog? I thought Pat Phelan had buried you in concrete or something?

And it's the track, not the cars! Any proper performance car is going to struggle there because it's so narrow. Look a how Senna held off our Nige. Now tiny performance carts, that's a different kettle of enchiladas, they would not need so much room for demon overtakes.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(30-05-2018, 11:40 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Dear Reader,

Congratulations on your recent appointment as the Senior Consultant for the Rapid Optimisation and Transformation Upon Monaco (SCROTUM).

Following the widely criticised 2018 FIA Formula 1 Grand Prix, your first task is to come up with the blue-print for the required changes to the event in order that the same criticisms will not be levied against the 2019 event.

I look forward to your suggestions ( - both sensible and not!)

Price Albie

I know I’ve mentioned it once or twice before, but after a fleeting comment I made yesterday, I’ve been giving it some more thought….

In advance: Pirelli nominate 3 tyres, spread across all compounds.

Thursday: FP1 & 2 remain unchanged.

Saturday Morning: FP3 - Fastest lap determines the running order in all following sessions, fastest last.
Saturday Lunchtime: TT1 (Time Trial 1) - Each driver given 2 flying laps on the hardest compound tyre. The fastest of the two times is recorded. (To minimise dead-track time, the second driver is released for his out-lap once the first has begun his second flying lap.)

Sunday Lunchtime: TT2 - Each driver given 2 flying laps on the medium compound tyre. Fastest time added to Saturday’s ‘Hard’ time to create aggregate.
Sunday Afternoon: TT3 - 2 flying laps on the softest compound. Fastest of the two added to the aggregate time.

The winner is the driver with the lowest aggregate time. Full championship points are awarded.

Banana, I like your ideas.  Sadly the reality is nothing less than a full F1 GP weekend would ever be acceptable to those in charge. To me if we can go into fantasy land for a moment how about we follow bananas idea but with the added drama of making the drivers draw straws at the beginning of every session as to which car they will drive. I know, I know its impractical because the the seats and liability but man would that not be cool. Obviously it would have to be for fun because points awarding would be utterly unfair so as someone else said a for show only weekend!!!

In truth I would like to see it completely dropped. How can we even contemplate losing the British GP and keeping this absolute farce of a race is beyond my comprehension.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(30-05-2018, 06:29 PM)morini Wrote:  
(30-05-2018, 06:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYjQpEO0RM

Good vid too!

I marshalled a 24hr race at Silverstone a few years ago when the SuperKarts were one of the supporting series, and we had a guy breakdown and stop at our post. Let me tell you, after seeing those things up close and chatting to the driver, I can tell you with great certainty, the only thing bigger than the speeds those things achieve are the balls the drivers possess!

Absolutely fcuking crazy!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

(01-06-2018, 01:11 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:   I can tell you with great certainty, the only thing bigger than the speeds those things achieve are the balls the drivers possess!

or..... being a few fries short of a happy meal Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Did anyone see the sidecars yesterday at the TT OMG how fast and the guy in the pod is hanging on for dear life ???
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(04-06-2018, 02:08 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Did anyone see the sidecars yesterday at the TT OMG how fast and the guy in the pod is hanging on for dear life ???

Yeah, it takes a big set of nuts and even bigger trust in your pilot to hang off like that Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post