Is there something wrong with Max?

(08-06-2018, 04:52 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The thing is, if Max doesn't want to keep answering these questions, he needs to stop driving into people or other cars. It really is as simply as that. He only has himself to blame, and it doesn't matter his age, he's driving for one of the big three teams and reputedly is the highest paid driver on the grid, topping to 4 time WDCs, so if he screws up he should expect the press to ask these questions. Honestly, he needs to grow up, and whether said in jest or not, his comments show how immature he is. I think clearly it's all got to him as I thought it had. I hope he can keep his head and mature a bit this season, because I have the feeling if this continues much longer Red Bull will lose faith.

I have to admit it would get to me being asked the same bloody thing over and over again....and I am more than twice his age lol. I do agree he has to mature but not so much change his driving style but not be so impatient and think a little/try and foresee what will happen/not rely on others to assume he will bull his way past. I really like the guy and hope he can prove everyone wrong and start producing the results and wowing us with the some of the drives we know he is capable of.......and I still dont mind if he nuts Crofty Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(08-06-2018, 03:40 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  After Max threatened to headbutt the next interviewer/presenter who brought up needing to change his style I am now praying Crofty asks him, please please please Crofty go ask him....oh and make sure you are on camera....dont want to miss it Wink

(I know it was said in jest, but I`m up for seeing Crofty getting lamped)

Certainly push up the viewing figures Haha, + 1 bud. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Cant believe Sky first convo with C.Horner was about Max's comments, so many other interesting things to talk about and they beat a dead horse.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I have to say I'd pay good money to see anyone head butt Crofty.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yeah Jody he does have to take it on the chin, but its not all him (bit of a cliche) but the Bahrain incident was dubious i blame Ric for Azerbajain the others defo his fault. Anyway by the by Max will come good unfortunately for me its Sky they are a disease tuey jump over everything and sensationalise so much. In truth i cannot stand there coverage in general the only giy i respect is MB he has the knowledge those other dicks (PDR and Hill) excluded are a waste of time. Rant over lol

It's not just Sky questioning him. Bahrain I lay at Max's feet, I've seen it more than enough times now to see he was clumsy and didn't need to chop to the outside of the track. Azerbaijan, I've said my piece, but he moved twice, had done so previously and quite frankly got away with it because Ricciardo wasn't a dick. Should Ricciardo have had a go? Yes, he was way quicker and he's a racing driver, should be have got out of it sooner? Yes, probably because he knew Max would cheat an make two moves... but here's the thing, Max should be called up for his two move shenanigans, and what Ricciardo did was highlight Max's little league defensive tactics. He needs to drop that crap and realize when he's beaten, because what he does is dangerous. It really is as simple as that. If he learns he'll win multiple WDCs. If he doesn't? I'm not sure he'll win any. RBR have clearly read him the riot a t, and if he continues to balls up like he has... well... I'm not sure he'll get another top drive. He rely just needs a clean race this weekend, get his head screwed on right and go from there.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-06-2018, 09:09 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's not just Sky questioning him. Bahrain I lay at Max's feet, I've seen it more than enough times now to see he was clumsy and didn't need to chop to the outside of the track. Azerbaijan, I've said my piece, but he moved twice, had done so previously and quite frankly got away with it because Ricciardo wasn't a dick. Should Ricciardo have had a go? Yes, he was way quicker and he's a racing driver, should be have got out of it sooner? Yes, probably because he knew Max would cheat an make two moves... but here's the thing, Max should be called up for his two move shenanigans, and what Ricciardo did was highlight Max's little league defensive tactics. He needs to drop that crap and realize when he's beaten, because what he does is dangerous. It really is as simple as that. If he learns he'll win multiple WDCs. If he doesn't? I'm not sure he'll win any. RBR have clearly read him the riot a t, and if he continues to balls up like he has... well... I'm not sure he'll get another top drive. He rely just needs a clean race this weekend, get his head screwed on right and go from there.

I said as much a few posts back. He should have been penalized long ago for his double moves but it seems to me everyone was so enthralled by his driving it was let go. The move on Raikkonen back at Spa two years ago comes to mind.  May be my let go comment is too strong but either way he has got away with things he should not have.

That said I wish him good luck we need lots of great drivers to make F1 better and he is still full of potential.

(08-06-2018, 08:51 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Yeah Jody he does have to take it on the chin, but its not all him (bit of a cliche) but the Bahrain incident was dubious i blame Ric for Azerbajain the others defo his fault. Anyway by the by Max will come good unfortunately for me its Sky they are a disease tuey jump over everything and sensationalise so much. In truth i cannot stand there coverage in general the only giy i respect is MB he has the knowledge those other dicks (PDR and Hill) excluded are a waste of time. Rant over lol

I think Baku highlighted the issue well. He gave Ricciardo absolutely nothing yet expected Ricciardo to give ground (which he did twice) otherwise there would have been a coming together long before they eventually did. That said Red Bull chose their poison they let them race (as we all want to see) and it cost the team dearly.  Max has to learn its give and take he was by far the slower car that car. Its all very well being hard assed about things and trying to be bold and never give ground but whilst that may win you hearts, minds and many races it can also cost you dearly when you can least afford it to happen to you  (Like trying to win a Championship as I think he will one day). I have said it many times he is not learning!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

I fully concur with everything you say NeilP. The double block on Räikkönen on the Kemel Straight a few seasons ago was so dangerous, looking at Kimi's on board nearly made me puke. He was lucky Kimi is such a talented driver. Could have been disastrous.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Now this i do wholeheatedly agree with he was very very very dangerous. Going to the DR MV incident i tend tonsway towards DR puts also dangerous/Risky moves and banks on more sensible drivers giving way when infact he has no right to expect that infact i would go as far as to say they only give way to prevent a collision. Two examples Kimi at Monaco think it was 2015. Bottas in China this year very very stupid move prevented by a very smart Bottas oh and maybe Hungary 15 with Lewis which he did not get away with. Sorry but on the Azerbaijan i wont have it MV was to blame especially when a drive tries to drive through him.

Also think he may well do good come raceday looking pretty strong so far
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post