McLaren: Fresh investment

Well Beano, I must admit I am with Mornini on this one. I am a bit anti Apple, don't like that company and the way they act. Very hypocritical and I don't trust then that much.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(10-09-2020, 10:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Well Beano, I must admit I am with Mornini on this one. I am a bit anti Apple, don't like that company and the way they act. Very hypocritical and I don't trust then that much.

I’m not a fan although I do own an apple iPhone  and Apple Mac and I eat apples by god I am an Apple lover!!!! 

No seriously “trust no one” especially with your data it’s too easy to lose or hack these days! But if anyone does hack me and look at my google history they maybe traumatised  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

I have seen a Silver Mercedes, a Black Mercedes and a Pink Mercedes. Next year the pink will show us a Green Mercedes.
Thinking that will be all for now, think again: "McLaren trials new Mercedes-style nose". We might get to see a Orange Mercedes.

F1 rapidly turning into Mercedes cup.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(11-09-2020, 11:58 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  F1 rapidly turning into Mercedes cup.

In fairness the other teams are copying the best car. It is understandable and has always been the way in F1 for as long as I can remember.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(11-09-2020, 02:41 PM)morini Wrote:  
(11-09-2020, 11:58 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  F1 rapidly turning into Mercedes cup.

In fairness the other teams are copying the best car. It is understandable and has always been the way in F1 for as long as I can remember.

It was no critic from me on the teams, think it is quit funny (and telling how good that Mercedes is; I even believe this year Mercedes is the best F1 car ever). I actually respect the boldness of Racing Point. But on the other hand, I don't hope the big teams are start copying, unless it are small things (that is normal). Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault should be complete different cars. Actually I expect the same from McLaren.
Racing Point should be on their own from next year too.
Alpha Tauri and Alpha Romeo are sister teams so they just follow for most.
Williams and Haas, they have it hard enough, let them do the Racing Point trick.

Well, I was over the moon for McLaren, landing 3rd, it was an anxious wait after the GP had finished, thats for sure. 3rd place locked in, more monez, more investment, more monez. With spending caps imminent, not entirely sure what it goes towards...

Very entertaining to see the round up of the Sainz Lando partnership. They were great together. McLaren message to Ferrari sure was something, very nice touch.

Felt a little lost when Sainz to ferrari was announced, but comfort quickly returned knowing Danni Ric is joining.

The whole year has been such a turn around for McLaren, was not long ago we were hearing such horror stories from the McLaren camp, all reflected in weekend performances. Now it seems like a happy family able to execute a weekend well.

Now they have to go through another engine supplier change. I'm thinking there is some deep farsighted politics behind this change back to Merc, but I'll see how that plays out. So I'm expecting some more initial teething problems, but they'll come through it. though I know consistent top 3 placing is still some way off.

Still, was a pleasure supporting McLaren in 2020!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Just seen this
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busin...la-1-entry

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Very interesting.

I'm not sure if it is good news or not though? McLaren look to be moving in the right direction and I think Seidl is starting to show he knows what to do to turn things around.

Will watch with interest.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Personally I'd rather have McLaren & Audi/VW in F1 as two separate teams, needs must I presume.

Edit just found this on MotorSport.

A report on the Autocar website on Monday said that Audi has agreed to a takeover that would give it complete control over McLaren's road car and racing operations.

But in a statement issued on Monday, McLaren made it clear that the report was not true.

The statement said: "McLaren Group is aware of a news media report stating it has been sold to Audi. This is wholly inaccurate and McLaren is seeking to have the story removed.

"McLaren's technology strategy has always involved ongoing discussions and collaboration with relevant partners and suppliers, including other carmakers, however, there has been no change in the ownership structure of the McLaren Group."

While talk of an Audi takeover has been dismissed, it is understood that an Audi entry into F1 with McLaren still remains a possibility from 2026 if the German car manufacturer enters grand prix racing.

Sources have indicated that following a board meeting last week, parent company Volkswagen is now pushing on seriously with plans to enter F1, and is now finalising how best to approach it with its many brands.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Hmmm..., why would autocar publish this if it wasn't accurate? Or are McLaren not telling the truth?

[+] 4 users Like morini's post