Drivers who will lose their seats next year

(12-05-2018, 07:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  You forgot the 10's also, who did we have, Chilton, Stevens and finally Palmer, they were all very dry......

Stiff upper lip fella! The 2010's have been ok to us  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

hehe, I mean new arrivals since Lewis'.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I think after today's showing Grosjean will very likely lose his Haas seat if he doesn't buck his ideas up. He's making Magnussen look like a Ferrari driver in waiting!!! Tongue

Seriously though, he's crap. I couldn't believe what he did in turn 3. I dropped the Hulk and Gasly from my team... by God was I lucky I did that, because the French twat would have wiped half my drivers out, as it is I'm happy with Leclerc and Sainz as their replacements.

Going forward I think we can see that there are clearly a few who won't be with us next year.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vandoorne-k...-for-2019/

"Stoffel Vandoorne says he wants to remain a McLaren driver next season, adamant there’s not “much of a margin” between himself and Fernando Alonso."

??? ok then, I like an optimist.

"Alonso has not only out-qualified Vandoorne five from five this season, he is also ahead in the standings with 32 points to eight.
Vandoorne, though, insists the gap between the McLaren team-mates is not as big as it may seem at times.
He told El Pais: “I do not believe that there is much of a margin between Fernando and I."
“The difference between Alonso and me is extremely small and when you’re fighting with some of the best drivers in the world, even having a good day does not guarantee that you finish ahead of them.
“Fernando is one of the most complete drivers on the grid when it comes to squeezing everything out of any car he drives.
“We are not as far apart as it may sometimes appear.”
And while this year’s championship has not quite yielded the results that Vandoorne or McLaren wanted, he is hoping to remain with the Woking team next season.
He stated that he is not looking at “any other option than McLaren.
“I have a very good relationship with the company, I occupy a very important position and I think the team has very high potential for the future.
“Despite not having met expectations, there is a group of people who are very capable of designing a fast car.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(14-05-2018, 12:42 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Stoffel Vandoorne says he wants to remain a McLaren driver next season, adamant there’s not “much of a margin” between himself and Fernando Alonso."

??? ok then, I like an optimist.

Unless I have been watching different races the only time there has been little between them is when they are sitting in the garage Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-05-2018, 03:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Unless I have been watching different races the only time there has been little between them is when they are sitting in the garage Wink

I don't doubt that the set up of the car and whole direction of the team is geared up for the over hyped Spanish chap though. Vandorne isn't suddenly going to transform from fastest in class to slow as hell overnight.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(14-05-2018, 03:58 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-05-2018, 03:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Unless I have been watching different races the only time there has been little between them is when they are sitting in the garage Wink

I don't doubt that the set up of the car and whole direction of the team is geared up for the over hyped Spanish chap though. Vandorne isn't suddenly going to transform from fastest in class to slow as hell overnight.

Hi Morini, I'm starting to think your not a Fernando fan, not sure why I think it, I'm just getting the vibe lol.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I was once told it was a very fine line between confidence and delusion... just after I had plucked up the confidence to ask a really attractive girl out in the student union... any way, seems Stoffel might be afflicted with a similar delusion.

I get what you are saying about talent and speed Morini, and the case you put forward is certainly a plausible explanation. However, could we not just be seeing the peak of Vandorne's learning curve. For some drivers this is as good as it gets. They hit a level and then don't develop any further.

I suppose either possibility is moot ultimately, because no matter the reason, F1 is a results driven business and Vandorne isn't doing it on track. Regardless of whether or not the team leans towards Alonso, and the reasons for that, the team don't feel that leaning towards Vandorne would yield similar results, or trust me they would. That should be worrying if your Vandorne.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Grosjean is in trouble. He seems he lost something and it is not coming back.
Vandoorne seems entering a danger zone being this far behind his teammate every event (though might find a different team).
Ericsson, still a mystery to me why that guy is still in a F1 car today. I mean, what has he done lately?
Sirotkin is not that good it seems and there are some drivers in line for his seat (but he brought money, right?).
Hartley is not impressing me. Might that young kid from Red Bull (forgot his name, but he might be older already than Verstappen) get a change next year.

Yeah, quite a bunch. Just my personal point on the matter. Probably wrong, but still my point of view.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Antilochos I agree with you over Grosjean, although I was never convinced he had "it" in the first place. In junior formula he was prone to prangs, crashes, spins and brain farts of epic proportions. I don't know which team boss it was, but years ago before he made it to F1 a GP2 boss said something along the lines of "he'd win every race if there wasn't any other cars on the track, unfortunately there are, and he seems to find them more often than not".

Vandorne is under serious threat from Norris, whose junior formula performances have him marked out as a definite prodigy. If Alonso sticks around then Vandorne is gone, because Norris takes his seat from him every day of the week for me. Already a better driver than Vandorne is, and has proven in tests he's able to get closer to Alonso than Vandorne is.

Ericsson? Even Swedes don't understand it. Needs to be gone, had way too many season's in F1 already.

Yep Sirotkin is a pay to drive driver, although Stroll brings more money and is currently proving to be marginally less crap.

I think Hartley might be saved from the chop this year simply because Dan Ticktum is too young and not quite ready to make the step up. However, he won't last long that's for sure.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post