Future of tracks

I saw a layout of the proposed Miami circuit. I suspect this track will divide opinion.

However, I think it's a very exciting addition to the calendar. It's sort of like a cross between BAKU and a 'curved AVUS', and to my mind will somewhat make up for the loss of the old Hockenheim.

My point is, to make Formula 1 exciting, it should be run on exciting circuits. If Liberty really care about the spectacle, they should race on circuits that provide exciting racing. They could potentially make a 20-25 season based on tracks that produce top racing.

So, I invite my fellow Bantees to think of a potential circuit line-up, or leave comments.

I'm being very 'realistic' about what's possible.
Imagine a season that had all of

Bahrain
China
Baku
Miami
Silverstone
Spa-Francachamps
Monza
Paul Ricard (though they put a stupid chicane on the backstraight)
Montreal Canada
COTA
Sepang (yes, bring it back!)
Mexico City
Istanbul (but convert turns 12/13/14 into one long sweeping final corner)
Nurburgring
Austria-Ring
Interlagos
and maybe upgrade a couple of old classics like
Estoril
Zandvoort
Donington

I also think it may be worth considering a race in New Zealand!

Every fortnight there would be a treat of a race to look forward to. I hope Liberty do consider that certain tracks create good racing and start to eliminate some of the yawners (Abu Dhabi and Socchi come to mind)

(05-05-2018, 04:11 AM)BrendanSylvester Wrote:  I saw a layout of the proposed Miami circuit. I suspect this track will divide opinion.

Certainly will. I don't like it in the same way I don't like baku.

(05-05-2018, 04:11 AM)BrendanSylvester Wrote:  So, I invite my fellow Bantees to think of a potential circuit line-up, or leave comments.

I'm being very 'realistic' about what's possible.
Imagine a season that had all of

Bahrain
China
Baku
Miami
Silverstone
Spa-Francachamps
Monza
Paul Ricard (though they put a stupid chicane on the backstraight)
Montreal Canada
COTA
Sepang (yes, bring it back!)
Mexico City
Istanbul (but convert turns 12/13/14 into one long sweeping final corner)
Nurburgring
Austria-Ring
Interlagos
and maybe upgrade a couple of old classics like
Estoril
Zandvoort
Donington

What, no Suzuka  Exclamation Huh 

Surely has to be in there. I know I'm biased because I'm going this year, but it has always been one of my favourites. I've driven more laps round Suzuka on PS3 than any other circuit, which must say something about how interesting it is.

What about Kyalami for an old classic?

(05-05-2018, 04:11 AM)BrendanSylvester Wrote:  Every fortnight there would be a treat of a race to look forward to. I hope Liberty do consider that certain tracks create good racing and start to eliminate some of the yawners (Abu Dhabi and Socchi come to mind)

I'd put Austria in that category too (I see it is in your list), wouldn't be in my list of circuits to keep at the expense of somewhere like Suzuka.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Oops... Suzuka slipped my mind
Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like BrendanSylvester's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fresh...s/3161913/

A fall in ticket sales for the Italian Grand Prix has left the country's motorsport president worried that it may not be able to afford to keep the Formula 1 race after its current contract expires.

Monza's deal to host the Italian GP runs out after next year's race, with some fraught negotiations back in 2016 to put together a short term arrangement.

But despite Ferrari's resurgent form in F1, it does not appear to have been enough to interest fans and a decline in sales for next month's race has raised fresh concerns about the future of the grand prix.
Angelo Sticchi Damiani, the president of the Automobile Club d'Italia, told Gazzetta dello Sport: "A year ago Vettel had gone on holiday as the world [championship] leader, now he is in the role of pursuer.

"My wish is the exact opposite of what happened a year ago, when from Monza onwards Mercedes took off."
The decline in sales will put fresh financial pressure on Italian officials and Damiani is worried that the money situation is unsustainable unless the rights fee paid to F1 is reduced.
"We closed last year's race with a strong loss, and the 2018 budget will not be different either," he said. "It is clear that such a situation is not sustainable in the long term. The ACI is ready to do its part, but not under any conditions.

"[Chase] Carey has always told me that an F1 without Monza is unthinkable, and in four years it will celebrate its centenary. We agree on that, but we must also deal in facts."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

And the aftermath of Bernie's and CVC's previous deals, continues to have effect, screwing viewers with the paywall, and screwing circuit owners, with unsustainable deals, first Germany, then Silverstone and now Monza?

fucking ridiculous, that the powerhouses of F1 with these 3 countries are even contemplating not having races, never mind staring down the barrel of it, I just hope LM can right the ship, but if you think turning a tanker around takes time? Try turning F1 around, I know there has been a lot of backlash against LM, being Yanks and all, but I think more than ever, we need to cut them some slack.

Still much respect for Bernie, however, if he'd just done the noble thing, and handed the sport over in a good condition, rather than being a belligerent git, always trying to cut one more deal.

Say about 10 years ago, but hey WTF, do I know about Global Economics, was anyone even interested then? Who knows, but I do believe LM as an "entertainment" company, do want to grow the sport, it seems clearer and clearer, that CVC, did the corporate thing, milked the fuck out of it, and sold it on,

Sorry slightly off topic,

Yes bring back Sepang Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(21-08-2018, 06:10 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  And the aftermath of Bernie's and CVC's previous deals, continues to have effect, screwing viewers with the paywall, and screwing circuit owners, with unsustainable deals, first Germany, then Silverstone and now Monza?

fucking ridiculous, that the powerhouses of F1 with these 3 countries are even contemplating not having races, never mind staring down the barrel of it, I just hope LM can right the ship, but if you think turning a tanker around takes time?  Try turning F1 around, I know there has been a lot of backlash against LM, being Yanks and all, but I think more than ever, we need to cut them some slack.

Still much respect for Bernie, however, if he'd just done the noble thing, and handed the sport over in a good condition, rather than being a belligerent git, always trying to cut one more deal.

Say about 10 years ago, but hey WTF, do I know about Global Economics, was anyone even interested then?  Who knows,  but I do believe LM as an "entertainment" company, do want to grow the sport, it seems clearer and clearer, that CVC, did the corporate thing, milked the fuck out of it, and sold it on,

Sorry slightly off topic,

Yes bring back Sepang Smile

Let's see it on the bright side; Germany got Hockenheimring back...
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post