Blue Flags

(12-05-2018, 05:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  According to Crofty the blue flags are one of the things they are trying to change for 2021, shame its not sooner.

Crofty can go and get himself another job as far as I'm concerned. Nobody winds me up as much as that bloke. How on earth is he still commentating on F1 on s subscription service? Give Ant Davidson the anchor spot! Please.

I don't particularly disagree about blue flags, by the way, but I find myself disagreeing with Crofty "out of principle" just because he is such a complete f*ckwit. Irrational, I know, but I can't help it. I'd like the UHD picture feed with Ben Edwards commentating. He's not perfect by any stretch, but I find him far, far more agreeable than Croft!

We pay for this shit people!!!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-05-2018, 06:00 PM)morini Wrote:  We pay for this shit people!!!

I dont pay for it...."out of principle" Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-05-2018, 05:52 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  According to Crofty the blue flags are one of the things they are trying to change for 2021, shame its not sooner.

I am totally with you Papa,, I understand the use but would prefer to see racing without them. Passing a back marker is a skill yet with the three flag rules one driver could be held up for three times as long as another driver, let the skills dictate how you pass. We complain on one hand at the lack of overtaking and effort put forth by the drivers why not remove the Blue flag element at least in F1

I do get what Banana is saying with multi class races it makes perfect sense but no remove them from F1 please.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(12-05-2018, 06:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 06:00 PM)morini Wrote:  We pay for this shit people!!!

I dont pay for it...."out of principle" Wink

Lucky man! Costs me an arm and 1.5 legs every month.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I think we will see the introduction of Blue Flags removed. But in a heart beat they will be back.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(12-05-2018, 06:08 PM)NeilP Wrote:  

I am totally with you Papa,, I understand the use but would prefer to see racing without them. Passing a back marker is a skill yet with the three flag rules one driver could be held up for three times as long as another driver, let the skills dictate how you pass. We complain on one hand at the lack of overtaking and effort put forth by the drivers why not remove the Blue flag element at least in F1

I do get what Banana is saying with multi class races it makes perfect sense but no remove them from F1 please.

I generally agree with you Neil. But there are tracks on the calendar where back markers could completely skew the race outcome. It is a really difficult one I reckon, everyone will have a different opinion. For me, if they ban blue flags then they should also reduce the delta allowed between fastest and slowest cars allowed to start the race.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(12-05-2018, 06:11 PM)morini Wrote:  Lucky man! Costs me an arm and 1.5 legs every month.

One night over a pint or 6 my bud and I complaining about sky shafting us every month came to an agreement one of us would pay for sky sports the other netflix and amazon prime then use each others accounts when we wanted. Best of both worlds Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-05-2018, 06:18 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  One night over a pint or 6 my bud and I complaining about sky shafting us every month came to an agreement one of us would pay for sky sports the other netflix and amazon prime then use each others accounts when we wanted. Best of both worlds Wink

My wife buys so much shite form amazon a prime subscription is a no brainer! It pays for itself in about 2 months!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-05-2018, 06:21 PM)morini Wrote:  My wife buys so much shite form amazon a prime subscription is a no brainer! It pays for itself in about 2 months!

It must be in their dna...they are all the bloody same...never seems to matter whether they need half the crap or not either. ( Shouldnt really be criticising her though as Ive just ordered a new set of alloys for the car...although I forgot to mention this to her)

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I'd be concerned about the removal of blue flags with "B-teams" like Toro Rosso and Sauber Alfa Romeo on the grid, also Haas. Just don't like the idea of back markers moving out of the way for parent teams and then holding the opposition up. It used to happen in the past. For the record, if we went back to the old delta percentages at some races this season we'd have lost some of the back markers. I'm not sure the blue flag situation in F1 is right, but we ought to be careful we don't go to something worse. Around Albert Park for instance this year I'm not sure the front runners could get past the back markers without assistance. Is that what we really want? A procession of cars going nowhere stuck behind Lance Stroll or Sirotkin?
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post